The Thanatos Effect OOC

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: The Thanatos Effect OOC: One spot remaining.

Postby Erina » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:34 pm

= = Sis is vetoing that suggestion.
Asmodai wrote:Behind every powerful man, stands an even more powerful woman... right? xD

Postby Asmodai » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:35 pm

I'm glad Ren is already short enough as it is.
Mephobiac

Postby Bolts » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:52 pm

I think I'm going to keep Ren in mind if I ever need one of us to sneak inside someplace by way of a small box.

Postby Asmodai » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:47 pm

hur hur hur
Mephobiac

Postby Bolts » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:00 pm

Caldwell: "Today we're doing isolation training......inside 6' x 2' boxes."

Postby Asmodai » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:30 am

Ren: *snaps and goes on a murdering rampage*
Mephobiac

Postby Bolts » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:44 pm

Asmodai wrote:Ren: *snaps and goes on a murdering rampage*

Oh, Ren, that's your solution for everything!

Postby Asmodai » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:45 pm

Murder solves everything. And if it doesn't solve the problem, you're just not using enough bullets.
Mephobiac

Postby Bolts » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:51 pm

Isaiah: Writing* "Not....using.....enough......bullets.

Got it."

Postby Asmodai » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:55 pm

"And if all else fails, bullets not working and all that.... Try explosives."
Mephobiac

Postby Bolts » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:02 pm

"I think we're good on both ends."

Postby Erina » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:12 am

Homeslices, homeslices. Let's get this bitch moving. Don'tcha want yer SIRENS.
Asmodai wrote:Behind every powerful man, stands an even more powerful woman... right? xD

Postby Hana » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:05 am

Sorry, guys. Really hectic week. Internet going poof soon. Back Monday, unless AT&T has problems installing. -_-
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Bolts » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:13 am

*cough*Shouldhavegonewithcomcast.*cough*

Postby Hana » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:25 am

Comcast = Time Warner here. We've had Time Warner for the past 2 years, and their customer service has been severely lacking. Like, their reps have actually yelled at me more than once. That, and they told me flat out there was no way I could bundle just phone and internet, without having any cable. AT&T is letting me not have cable while giving me the fastest internet they have and a phone line for $20 less than I was paying TW for their slowest internet, local phone, and basic cable.

We'll see how AT&T does, and go from there.

Let's see if I can whip a post up real quick before my enforced weekend of Luddite-ness begins.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Bolts » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:31 am

Does AT&T offer internet that doesn't tie up your phone line?

Postby Hana » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:43 am

Indeed, they do. Fiber-optics, bay-bee.

Also, a word to the wise: Do not let ickle children eat Spaghettios unattended, no matter how much you may want to snatch a few minutes of "me" time. -_-

Addendum to the word to the wise: Should you decide to do so anyway, prepare in advance by undressing the child, using a kitchen towel as a placemat, and having a bath already run.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Bolts » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:48 am

I was almost killed by spaghettios when I was little.

Postby Erina » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:39 pm

Bolts wrote:I was almost killed by spaghettios when I was little.

Get out.

Postby Bolts » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:34 pm

No.

Postby InsaneWhisper » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:50 pm

(I hope you're happy Bolts, my fingers are bleeding and my brain is fried XP)

(... okay fingers aren't really bleeding, but my brain IS fried)

Name: Corporal Maxine (Max) Diaz

Sex: Female

Appearance:Image (courtesy of my bad-ass friend Sharyn; thanks so much girl ^__^)
She’s about 5’ 8,” her breasts are slightly smaller than average, and she has a tattoo on her upper back http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs8/i/2005/324/2/3/tribal_demon_wings_by_IANLY.jpg. She doesn't wear any makeup because she thinks it's pointless. She has a lean muscular build from her time in the army, and smaller feet. She hardly ever bothers to brush her hair since it's short. She has no piercings, and her skin is olive coloured with light freckles.

Clothing: Combat boots; camo army fatigue pants and hat; dog-tags; black sports bra; uses ace bandages to flatten her breasts; depending on the day and her mood she will wear a grey wife-beater over the sports bra

Personality: She is very much a tom-boy and hangs around with guys more than girls though she hates it when guys hit on her for her looks. She’s very sarcastic and often cynical. Will listen to authority if she respects his/her abilities, but will speak her mind if she holds doubts in a plan or the capability of the person in charge. Very blunt about what she thinks about other people. She hates people with “no backbone.” Her preferred way to deal with such people is to ignore them when possible, only communicating with them when necessary. While her personality can sometimes be abrasive, it's really only because she wants things to be successful and hates it when things go wrong for stupid reasons like bad planning or incapable people.

Skills: Stealth and recon; quick visual learner; fast at noticing suspicious behaviour or movements; excellent aim; can hold her alcohol like a champ; cooking

Background:
Max grew up in a dysfunctional household. Her father drank a lot and her mother was supporting the family because he couldn’t hold a job due to his personality. By the time she was in her teens Max had joined a local gang whose leader she respected. While only an average student because she skipped so much class because “the teacher is a pansy,” she was still an intelligent girl. She learned to handle weapons quickly while in the gang, but ended up abandoning them when the leader decided to do something she deemed dangerous. Of course this didn’t go over well with the gang and they put a hit out on her. When a couple gang members cornered her she ended up pulling out her gun to scare them away. Someone called it in and she was arrested for possessing a gun without a license. While in jail awaiting her trial she ended up over-running the current pecking order amongst the girls on accident because they kept bothering her and she refused to put up with it. Instead of taking control she simply told everyone to “stop being so god damn stupid.” After that things calmed down and she stayed on her best behaviour until the trial.

When she was put on trial she was given the option of either paying a fine or doing community service. She chose community service because she knew her mom wouldn’t be able to pay the fine. Once she had finished serving out the sentence she decided to join the army so that she wouldn’t be causing her mom any more trouble and so that she could get away from her gang background.
Once in the army she quickly made the guys aware that she meant business and wouldn’t let them push her around (there was an incident where a guy kept taunting her by calling her “Maxi-pad;” once she realized he wouldn’t stop unless she took action the situation didn’t end well for his reproductive capacities). She took the month of latrine duty for being out after hours with grace (the guy was too ashamed to tell the nurse what had really caused his injury), and the guys came to treat her just like one of them. While in the army she discovered her ability to hold her liquor. While not an alcoholic like her father, she does enjoy drinking competitions and going out for drinking with her squad.

In her actual training she was quite competent and learned quickly when shown how to use weapons and equipment. Due to her good observation ability and stealth she ended up being assigned to a smaller stealth and reconnaissance platoon. She ended up drawing the attention of the higher ups when she saved a mission that was doomed to fail due to bad planning by pointing out the flaws to the unaware mission coordinator. She helped to fix the plan and it went off without a hitch. After that she was put under surveillance to see if she would be worth promoting.

It was around this time that they were approached to find good candidates that would be willing to go into weapons testing. When asked if she would rather be promoted or join the experimental weapons project she chose to go into Project EPSILION saying, “There’s no way I’d make a good leader and both you and I know it.

SIREN Profile

Name: F.C.K.U. (Feminine Covert Killing Unit)

Type: Scout

Physical Description: http://shimmering-sword.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=72#/d2tlc4a
The F.C.K.U. was originally desiged to be an Assault model. After a few failed tests it was converted down to a Scout type. Due to this, the F.C.K.U. appears to offer more protection for its wearer than it actually does. The suit is a mix of dull grey and black across the suit, making it ideal for urban envrionments.

Specs: Max speed is the standard 70 mph that scout SIRENs are capable of; Defense: Low; Strength: Mid; Agility: High

Weapons:
FN SCAR-L short version
(http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d8/FN_SCAR-L_(Standard).jpg): gas operated rotating bolt; fires 5.56x45mm NATO using improved STANAG (M16) box magazines; range of 330 yards; rate of fire 625 rounds/minute; red-dot sight

Futuristic version of an automatic crossbow: fires silently and has both normal bolts and ones with explosive tips; red-dot sight (current models today http://www.instructables.com/files/deriv/FET/2PYJ/G1QWB4FL/FET2PYJG1QWB4FL.MEDIUM.jpg and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS4RKoRyTik)

Emergency Firearm: IMI Desert Eagle (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b1/DesertEagle_50AE.jpg): large-framed gas-operated semi-automatic pistol which uses detachable box magazines; each magazine contains seven .50 caliber bullets; has a silencer

Explosives: Tear gas grenades (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b9/ABC-M7A2_A3_grenade.gif) and frag-grenades

Theme song: Invincible by Adelitas Way http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWJCPXRxo2U
Last edited by InsaneWhisper on Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:18 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Zee Captain: "Better dig your heels in"
Mr. Snippy: "Why? What?"
Zee Captain: "..."

Postby Bolts » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:15 pm

Welcome aboard, Hannah (not you Hana, Whisper's name is Hannah.) Liv and I will go over the sheet together when she gets on but I don't foresee any problems.

Also, an announcement for all Heavy pilots. I've decided that it's not fair to give you speed reductions for having ammo crates since most of the ammunition you would use is so bulky. So I've decided to make those standard. You may all have ammo crates and still maintain the Heavy's max speed.

Postby Asmodai » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:58 am

Whoo! Buffs!

Also, this rp is turning into a boobfest... awesome
Mephobiac

Postby Bolts » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:05 am

Asmodai wrote:Whoo! Buffs!

Shame Max tapes hers down.

Postby InsaneWhisper » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:33 am

Bolts wrote:
Asmodai wrote:Whoo! Buffs!

Shame Max tapes hers down.

Bolts you perv XD
Zee Captain: "Better dig your heels in"
Mr. Snippy: "Why? What?"
Zee Captain: "..."

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing