Cirque de la Nuit : OOC - accepting all fresh meat.

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Cirque de la Nuit : OOC - accepting all fresh meat.

Postby sam4books » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:30 pm

Fummofu wrote:Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBR94L1Usgs

I'm deeply, dearly sorry.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:39 pm

edited in an occupation for Remy.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:41 pm

Daredevil eh? That'll do fine.

Sam@ You should. *shakes head in shame*

Fummo@ Thanks for the offer Fummo. If I need anything, I'll be sure to go to you.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby sam4books » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:50 pm

Blame my chemistry teacher MQ.

If it weren't for her, I wouldn't have known that such a song existed.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:52 pm

Remy will probably dislike Homa too, Sam, very silently dislike.

Postby sam4books » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:54 pm

Yay mutual feelings :D
In passing

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:55 pm

I'm blaming her Sam, I'm blaming her so hard that the sheer backlash from it will mean that she's gonna be charged for everything from who keyed her own car to the Jack the Ripper murders. That's how hard I'm blaming her right now.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby sam4books » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:58 pm

:D
In passing

Postby Belwicket » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:13 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:All of it. I understand it can be hard to create an original character but you've gotten enough hints and tips already. Pick a starting point and work from there. It's not like I'm going to rush you.

As long as it took for you to put up the OOC, I'd be more likely to rush you.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:15 pm

Point to you there, but the listed requirements still stand.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mastermind001 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:21 pm

Quick Question Quin, what year is the game in? I want to know, because then I can write about my guy having an adventure with Theodore Roosevelt if I can. And I did check, but I could have missed it.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:24 pm

Modern times. Hence why most of the "mythical" races have either died out, or the more intelligent ones left or are hiding.

Apart from some Beings like "bloody Mary" who just turn into legends.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mastermind001 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:32 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:Modern times. Hence why most of the "mythical" races have either died out, or the more intelligent ones left or are hiding.

Apart from some Beings like "bloody Mary" who just turn into legends.

Hey, I rather be sure. So Modern times, I imagine 2012 or something of the like.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:32 pm

Correct.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Doctress Who » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:52 pm

AHDHDSKDHSKADHK THIS IS UP?
THIS IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING?
Okay
Okay
This is great motivation to get me to finish my drawing for it and ooh occupation, that's new to the Character Sheet.
I'll have to think about that one.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby sam4books » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:00 pm

So, while researching poi I came across this.

I am a very happy person.
In passing

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:03 pm

...*wordless amazemet* ...*amazement*

Doc@IT'S HAPPENING BABY! IT'S HAPPENING HARDER THAN WATER ON A SUPER-DENSE PLANET WITH A STRONG GRAVITATIONAL FIELD.

People kept missing the occupation too...which was upsetting :(

But this is a big-ass circus, I've already said there can be actors and vendors and stagehands and the like so so long as it's feasible to be in it, fine.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:06 pm

I really just wasn't sure what was meant by occupation. Whether it was our act within the circus, what we did beforehand or something else. Then I went back to the sample profile and saw that "clown" was used so I assumed it was job in the circus.

Postby Belwicket » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:12 pm

WIP

Name - Kabocha

Nickname - Pumpkin

Age - 150

Occupation - Gardener

Plane - 6

Gender/Sexuality - Female/Lesbian

Appearance - Kabocha has long, black hair with natural orange tips and highlights that goes to her mid-back.. She has bright green eyes which seem to see into a person’s soul. Along her arms are tattoo-like like designs of vines which connect to a pumpkin on her back. Her chest and rear are well-endowed but still small compared to some others. Sprouting from her back are a pair of dragonfly-like wings, each one longer than she is tall.

Unlike the green silks most other fae wear, Kabocha wears bright orange cotton to blend with the pumpkins. The cotton forms a wrap around her chest, another around her waist, hips and upper legs, 2 smaller ones on her feet as shoes and even smaller ones around her hands as gloves.

Being/species - Fae are generally described as human in appearance and having magical powers. Their origins are less clear in the folklore, being variously dead, or some form of demon, or a species completely independent of humans or angels. Folklorists have suggested that their actual origin lies in a conquered race living in hiding, or in religious beliefs that lost currency with the advent of Christianity. These explanations are not necessarily incompatible, and they may be traceable to multiple sources.

Much of the folklore about fae revolves around protection from their malice, by such means as cold iron (iron is like poison to fae, and they will not go near it) or charms of rowan and herbs, or avoiding offense by shunning locations known to be theirs. In particular, folklore describes how to prevent the fae from stealing babies and substituting changelings, and abducting older people as well. Many folktales are told of fae, and they appear as characters in stories from medieval tales of chivalry, to Victorian fairy tales, and up to the present day in modern literature.

Although in modern culture they are often depicted as young, sometimes winged, humanoids of small stature, they originally were depicted quite differently: tall, radiant, angelic beings or short, wizened trolls being two of the commonly mentioned forms. Diminutive fae of one kind or another have been recorded for centuries, but occur alongside the human-sized beings; these have been depicted as ranging in size from very tiny up to the size of a human child. Even with these small fae, however, their small size may be magically assumed rather than constant.

Wings, while common in Victorian and later artwork of fae, are very rare in the folklore; even very small fae flew with magic, sometimes flying on ragwort stems or the backs of birds. Nowadays, fae are often depicted with ordinary insect wings or butterfly wings.

Various animals have also been described as fae. Sometimes this is the result of shape shifting on part of the fae, as in the case of the selkie (seal people); others, like the kelpie and various black dogs, appear to stay more constant in form.

In some folklore fae have green eyes and often bite. Though they can confuse one with their words, fae cannot lie. They hate being told 'thank you', as they see it as a sign of one forgetting the good deed done, and, instead, want something that will guarantee remembrance.

Personality - Like most fae, Kabocha hates iron but loves shiny objects, such as gems and coins. Other than iron, Kabocha has a strong allergy to silver and has scars on her back from a time when a man dropped a silver coin down the back of her dress. She loves plants and, as often as she can, escapes to the trees a lot. She

Items – Other than her clothes, Kabocha only carries an athame.

Skills – Kabocha can control the vines that grow along pumpkins.

History – Being born a fae, Kabocha has always had her power. Her parents also had magickal powers over plats of their own. She doesn’t remember what they were, her parents passed long ago, each killed by an iron bullet. Since then, she has been practicing with her powers, mostly on pumpkins, though she has lesser control over some other vines.

She joined the Cirque when she was found near death, her back covered in blood. Upon being saved, she joined to help the Cirque any way she could, which has been mostly through providing fruits and vegetables for the cook.

Theme - This Is Halloween (Techno Remix)
Last edited by Belwicket on Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Mastermind001 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:37 pm

Name - William Livingstone

Nickname - Crimson Star, Mister Seventeen, The Checkered Man

Age - 26

Occupation - Magician

Plane - 7th

Gender/sexuality- Male, Straight

Appearance -

William outfit consists of a black and red checkered black top hat with band to match and quite tall. He dons a tasteless showiness crimson dress jacket with ebony trims and under that he wears a red dress shirt with an ebony vest. The pants are an ebony black with black socks. The sneakers have a red and black checkered design with black laces. His gloves are a checkered pattern of red and black as well.

When William wants to dress causal, he wears regular clothing that isn't tasteless or gaudy. He wears a dark brown bowler hat when out and about. He always carries a black umbrella with a silver tip and a brown handle in case it rains. For a shirt, its a dark forest green dress shirt and a dark brown vest with pants and jacket to match. His shoes are loafers with black socks.

His hair is black and his moustache is small and makes him look like a cartoon villain. Eyes are lavender .

Being/species -

Gem Dragons are mythical beings from the sixth plane. They appear as human as possible with very attractive features with only strange color irises, that are unique to just them and offspring. However, they are capable of transforming into a giant beast that possess reptilian characteristics. The reason, they are referred to as Gem Dragons is simply because they look like dragons and the scales and claws, they have are various gems. They are greedy, hording riches as much as they can, but where they set up homes they are strangely not too secluded. They lure adventurers to their dungeons with their bodies and tales of untold wealth, because they are lustful as much as they are greedily. The Gem Dragon's diet is granite, iron, various other minerals and metals, leather, coal, and nowadays, plastic .

They capable of producing hot semi-liquid gems that solidify into harden gem for their scales and they shred their old scales by launching them at high speeds. Their hides are tough as gems and diamonds are quite difficult to break. Whatever they produce, the gems are always valuable and razor sharp. The way a Gem Dragon combats its of the few dragons that don't have a breath attack ( more spewing a semi liquid gem) to say, instead its uses its high speed scales and razor and hard body, claws and teeth to its advantage to kill predators. It also moves fast and flies, surprising to say since its body is made of gems and diamonds.

Since the Gem Dragon mates with other species, their offspring tend to possess their unusual irises and depending on the species they get certain other traits or causes certain specially unique traits.

Unfortunately other species like the succubi and incubi have taken notice of the Gem Dragon beings taking full advantage of their lustful ways. It didn't take the succubi and incubi long to enslave them due to their abilities. Most Gem dragons nowadays are either toys or body guards to the foul temptresses, forever damned to do their terrible bidding with no hope of freedom.

William Livingstone is a hybrid of a Gem Dragon and a Human.

Personality -

William Livingstone has an adventurous spirit and always has a grin on his face. He has a calming effect on others as he doesn't have a very threatening presence to him nor does he act like he does. William is quite friendly, kind, and trusting to boot to strangers and when they actually earn his trust, he really is. He aids others if they need a helping hand, always with a warm hand shake and asks them if they need any assistance.

However, William is no push over and despite his friendly appearance and his optimism, he is very cautious and suspicious. He has no hesitation about putting holes into people's heads, stabbing in the back and front, or setting them ablaze with whatever is around. William can be quite protective to those who has earned his trust and very self-sacrificing if the case is needed. His mindset is that of an investigator, looking for the facts and motives, careful of what information he shares, and setting up traps to catch his would be enemies. If one hand is offered as a gesture of peace, then William's other hand is on his gun or whatever he can get his hands on.

As William presses on and moves forward, he does his best to not look back. Especially the life he had no choice to leave behind and the love ones he severed connects with so if he does turn to look the guilt and the sadness might engulf him. His thoughts must always be on his acts, either of entertainment or helpful or otherwise he will remind himself that no matter what he accomplishes it be the work of Jack Claus and not who really is as William Livingstone is suppose to be "dead".

Items -

-.44 Remington Magnum w/ Scope

-Red & Black Checkered Mask

- Two Suitcases full of clothing and various magician items, several upon several playing cards, rubber balls, chains, metal rings, lighters, sticks, forks, spoons, knives (of various shapes and sizes) and plates.

-i pod filled with variety of music of different genres

-Portable i Home

Skills -

William Livingstone can't stand to be a one trick pony. He may have the natural talents of being highly dexterous and ambidextrous and has learned well from The World, of misdirection, escapology, card tricks, and various other tricks, its just William wants to be talented in other fields as well to earn his place with other great magicians.

-Mechanical Engineering, despite what others say you need to have a mechanical degree to design and build the various death traps and stunts for spectacular performs . It goes without saying that a lot of research and development goes into his performances to ensure an awe inspiring crowd and his own safety.

-With years of practice and diligence starting at the fresh age of 17, William have become proficient at various firearms, including handguns and shotguns as well as swords, long to short, daggers, and spears with both hands. His mentor, The World had various friends and would occasionally bring in another member of the Tarot Cards to teach her protege, this included Lt. Larry Gin of the New Vegas police, Vikki Delight aka Golden Judgement, and Henry Killinger, owner of the Wango Tango Dojo. Any style of martial art in which he dual wields weapons has become an instant favorite of his as it works well with misdirection as it is a crowd pleases and looks really cool.

-Breathing Exercises, this is something that was self taught and inspired by Houdini. By focusing on his breathing he keeps a calm and cool head with all the crazy events going. It makes things easier to escape as well as performing in front of a big audience.

-Despite being a conjurer of tricks and with the magic in his blood finally awaken, William have become a different kind of conjurer as of late. With a sleight of hand, William is able to create solid gem weapons like daggers and swords that are oddly light to him. They are razor sharp cutting most things like butter and are difficult to break. He is also able to expel from his fingers, palms, toes, and feet, semi liquid gems that quickly form into gems at high speeds. William believes his new found ability is evolving and is currently looking for someone to teach him as figures he can't be the only one out there with bizarre powers.

History -

The father was never present and the ten year old boy, William Livingstone finally stopped asking about him. He accepted that if he didn't want to be apart of life, then it was his lost. It also at this time that he discovered his love of stage magic and watching others smile at his performances. At age sixteen, William became an apprentice of the magician The World, Jane Magnus, a big name in the Las Vegas strip. Three years later, he was accepted by the Pacific Coast Association of Magicians, becoming a member of the Nevada chapter, The Tarots Cards, their seventeen member. Its there, he earned his stage name Crimson Star.

William Livingstone as Crimson Star, at age 22 finally got his big break and landed a job at a big casino "The Golden Gal" about to perform in one of the greatest stages of the world. It would of been the greatest event of his career. However, it was not to be as William watched a brutal murder committed by a local crime family, and had to be relocated by the witness protection program before his big performance. It gets worst that on the day they assigned him his new identity and career and were about to move him, the crime family catches up with him.

The local police find the wounded William Livingstone and two unconscious federal agents surrounded by dead bodies on highway 108, near by a turn upside down sedan. *As William reported, the criminals crashed their vehicle with their own and proceed to shoot them up. Since the federal agents assigned to protect him were unconscious at the time, William mentioned he killed a few of them to survive while waiting for the police he dialed. Around 2010, near July or August the crime family that attempted to kill William was bombed on the penthouse floor of the Golden Gal.

Its 2012, William Livingstone has discovered his one last chance to be the greatest magician that ever walked the earth, Cirque de La Nuit. He came across a flyer of the so called circus and after a brief discussion with his old mentor, she mentioned a lot of great things that perked his ears. And now he is on a quest to become their newest Magician.

* What William didn't say, is that in the face of death something awakened inside him. That something was his ability to produce gems and firing them at high speeds, which is why he lied and claimed he used one of the federal agent's guns to fight back. At first, Will thought he was going crazy, but the more he practice and used his strange power, the more it became realty to him.

Theme -

"Invincible" by Ok Go

Extra Notes:

-William is a big fan of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure especially about Part 2, 3, and 4 being his ultimate favorite parts of the story. He read these stories and other paranormal/ occult to understand his powers or possible reasons why he has these powers in the first place.

-William can spends hours upon hours of plotting a trick. There is a lot things he needs to ponder about before he tries anything especially the ones involving a death trap.

-Through William can easily kill a man, he isn't one to start anything violent unless he discovers something, something important.

-30 day period

-An old picture of William Livingstone (On the left) drawn by Sam4books.

Secret Achievements

+Negative Expectation+

Arrived at Las Vegas, Nevada

+House Edge+

-Visited the Golden Gal Casino

+Cracking The Nut+

Had a "meeting" with the Marzano Family

+Wild Royal Flush+

Defeated the head's of the Marzano Family

+Full House+

-Reunited the Tarot Cards with their wayward member

+All or Nothing+

-Performed on the Golden Gal stage

+Trente et Quarante (30 and 40, also Red and Black)+

-Gained the Loyalty of the Magician
Last edited by Mastermind001 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:43 pm, edited 18 times in total.
More Robots

Postby Doctress Who » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:44 pm

William Livingstone...I recognise that name...
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
Time Lady

Postby Mastermind001 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:47 pm

You should he was a circus ring leader for your rpg. That had a magical pocket watch that grant him ice powers and super human strength, by breathing.
Last edited by Mastermind001 on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
More Robots

Postby Doctress Who » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:51 pm

Ah yes, I do remember. :D
Time Lady

Postby sam4books » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:54 pm

Man makes me wish I brought back Abraham.
Ah well.
In passing

Postby Dee Arris » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:19 am

Had an idea based on a piece of Eastern folklore I'm very fond of. If I don't post it here directly, I'll send you the bare bones to make sure it's feasible, then work on it further.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing