The Thanatos Effect OOC

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: The Thanatos Effect: Sign Ups Open!!

Postby Sheth » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:07 am

Name: SPC Drake Bauer

Sex: Male

Appearance:

Drake is just a little shorter than average, only 5' 7", with short blonde hair worn back across his head. He weights about 135 pounds. He's not particularly scawny, but doesn't have clearly defined muscle tone, even after military training. He's relatively weak physically as far as soldiers go, but has enough endurance to work for a while.

Clothing: Drake doesn't care much what he wears; despite it being somewhat uncomfortable, he may wear his SIREN pilot suit for an entire day, even when unarmored. Since much of his work is at a computer, he gets away with a lesser uniform far more than he probably should, and when completely casual, typically wears jeans and a plain tight-fit long-sleeve shirt.

Personality: When working, Drake acts like a computer and is very goal-driven and geared towards efficiency and perfection. When talking *about* his work, he's a little fanatical, cocky, and quite annoying if others don't understand what he's saying. Off duty, he's more reserved, and a bit awkward. He tends to speak too much or too little. He treats women mostly the same as men, and as such, has rather poor luck with the opposite sex.

Skills: Technical expertise, programming expertise, strategy

Background:
Drake's family is from northeast Antolia, and has been for a long time. Most generations of his family ran a restaurant, but it rapidly became apparent as Drake grew he'd never have interest in it. His little sister can't seem to grow up fast enough for their parents to retire and leave her the business in his stead. Not totally socially devoid, Drake has always had a small group of friends in school through college. In recent years, he's become a bit paranoid in finding that most of his friends mostly just share his interests, and has no confidence in his (somewhat lacking) personality.

He kept a job for a few years out of college, and performed well, pushing successful products to his employer. Eventually, his team adapted a less-skilled programmer to the team on accounts of his connections to higher-ups. After months of criticizing often poor work from his new suboordinate, he found himself quickly (and suspiciously) out of a job. He quickly joined the military to get a job in newer technology, knowing also military positions are career-oriented. Drake felt wonderfully vindicated as he watched his old employer's business slowly fail after his departure.

When he applied, his skills tested well. In discussion of a technical desk job, he was told there was a different position available, given he was willing to go through standard combat training and willing to work in the field. At hints of newer technology, he accepted, and was pulled into EPSILON. Prior to properly joining, he was given time to look through his machine, and he was quick to make his own changes and thoroughly look through the programming.

SIREN Profile

Name: GARNET

Type: Heavy

Physical Description:

The GARNET brings Drake to a solid eight feet tall, and is colored a very deep shade of red. The armor on the shoulders is exceptionally bulky, and the left shoulder is altered from the right for compatibility with several of the DART system weapons.

The UI to Drake's GARNET has been modified slightly, and some DART weapons can be fired autonomously on user-specified targets whilst wielding non-DART weapons. The DART handle interface can be stowed at the hip whilst mounted weaponry is in use, and is fired at command of the user. This dual threat makes use of both Drake's natural peripheral vision, and multitasking talent. To maximize the effectiveness of this strategy, Drake runs the HUD of the GARNET with all the optional displays, including threat-recognition/tracking software.

Specs:
Max Speed: 15 mph
Strength: High
Defense: High (Slightly less stable stance than a more robust heavy. Offset by small edge in maneuverability that allows pilot to actively re-stabilize quickly.)
Agility: Poor(But perhaps respectable for a heavy unit)

Weapons(Under construction, high-spec details pending on consultation):
    DART:
  • TROPHY active defense - mounts as a turret to GARNET's left shoulder, shares ammunition with AA-12. Fires shotgun-like blasts to intercept and detonate airborne projectiles mid-flight. Tracking software integrated into the SIREN HUD. Can be aimed and fired manually as well, on user override
  • AA-12 automatic fire shotgun - fires full shotgun rounds in semi or full auto from 32-round clips.
  • GAU8-based rotary gattling gun - 40mm shells, 2000 RPM
  • M119 howitzer Mk3 - 105mm shells
  • Three sets of five guided rockets can be fired in groups or one at a time from the right shoulder of the GARNET. They are launched vertically and guided to hit enemy units from above. Focus is primarily against bunkers, barricades, and buildings. The explosive power is significantly less effective against armored vehicles and compounds.
  • Three high-yield napalm explosives are carried by the garnet, but the launching mechanism is sizable enough that when deployed, it cuts the GARNET's mobility to 8mph, and firing while moving is impossible. Designed for a high splash range, the heat alone can immediately destroy armored vehicles and small structures.
  • Chaff deployment with radio scrambling - in substitution of one of the napalm explosives, the GARNET can carry capsules that disperse chaff and radio scrambling devices.

NON-DART:
  • Anti-personanel/armor-piercing rifle, 40mm shells. Auto/burst
Explosives: The GARNET carries no set explosives in favor of ammunition. Planting of strategic explosives is left to smaller units.

Theme song: We Are Finally Cowboys
Last edited by Sheth on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:37 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Re: The Thanatos Effect OOC: One spot remaining.

Postby icbmalaria » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:09 am

Like this?: viewtopic.php?p=3137928#p3137928

(I think I got it to work but it doesn't want to do it if I try to rename the link)

Postby Kyuu » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:09 am

Bolts wrote:
Kyuu wrote:Oooohhh These guys look like fun.

*Slap*

No, bad rapist. None of that.

:'(

Then can I haz cookie? :3

Postby Asmodai » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:31 am

Whoo! More manmeat for Ren to dig her talons into and have her way with until they cant feel their legs anymore say hello to.
Mephobiac

Postby Bolts » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:58 am

@Sheth: You're going to have to add some more meat to the profile in general, bud. Specifically to the weapons, SIREN description, and background. Also, your name section should include your characters rank (nothing above sergeant), first name, and last name.

@Sean: Yes, that's exactly right.

@Kyuu: I don't have any money to buy you cookies much less ship them to California

@Asmo: Just make sure to use protection.

Edit:

@Hannah: Yes, although sometimes the arrow is purple instead of yellow.

Postby icbmalaria » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:04 pm

Bolts, since now there's like 5 heavies can I move Teo to an assault siren?

Postby Bolts » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:48 pm

Eh, go for it.

Edit: By the way everyone Keiran withdrew so Sean I guess we actually only have 4 heavys. Still wuite a few though so if you think you'd have more fun as an assault go for it.

Postby icbmalaria » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:24 pm

Yeah, I think I would. It's less guns to keep up with and fits Teo's new personality better. I'll edit it later tonight.

Postby Bolts » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:07 pm

Guys,

Really sorry about all the delays. The holidays have put me in a real pinch lately so my productivity has been shot. For all our new people, those of you that I haven't already addressed about some issue in your profile should probably go ahead and start working on your 8 month time skip posts. Olivia (Erina) and I haven't had a chance to go over the profiles yet so they are still subject to change/acceptance.

As far as these characters go they will be introduced to the squad during the time skip (specifically at the end of the first month). This means that when regular posting resumes all of our characters WILL know and be familiar with all of them.

I'll see you all after the holidays. Merry Christmas.

A little something to get everyone in the spirit.

Postby Sheth » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:06 am

At the end, huh? I guess that works, but it'll be harder for me to pick up. I'll put in some reading before the new year, I guess.

Postby Erina » Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:36 am

Bolts wrote:For all our new people, those of you that I haven't already addressed about some issue in your profile should probably go ahead and start working on your 8 month time skip posts. Olivia (Erina) and I haven't had a chance to go over the profiles yet so they are still subject to change/acceptance.

Correctomundo. And from the ones Bryan and I've seen, there aren't any glaring flaws, so please feel free to get started on the post even if you haven't been formally accepted. The time skip post is basically somewhat longer than a normal post (which is 3-4 paragraphs) and explains what your character was doing during those eight months.

Bolts wrote:I'll see you all after the holidays. Merry Christmas.

A little something to get everyone in the spirit.

That was horrible -_- Here's some legitimate party muzak for you crazy kids.

Have a happy holiday, everyone. =) xoxo
Asmodai wrote:Behind every powerful man, stands an even more powerful woman... right? xD

Postby Bolts » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:30 am

So naturally I get a support call at 2am this morning because some hospital just decided to stop working.

Ugh. Merry Christmas.

Postby Asmodai » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:57 pm

*pokes thread*

Is this still alive?
Mephobiac

Postby Bolts » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:22 pm

But of course it is!

Olivia and I are working on the plot points for this 8 month time skip. You'll all be able to start raping Isaiah again soon enough.

Postby Asmodai » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:29 pm

Its not rape as long as he doesnt say no.

Thats why Ren will gag him first
Mephobiac

Postby Bolts » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:31 pm

Isaiah: I love this company....

Postby Erina » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:36 pm

Asmodai wrote:*pokes thread*

Is this still alive?

Ouch. ^^" Uh, yeah Asmo, we're all still here.

Anyway, as I was gonna say, what'd everyone get for Christ Mass? =3

EDIT: By the way Timer, Bryan & I reviewed your CS app last night. I think he's PMing you the revision suggestions.
Asmodai wrote:Behind every powerful man, stands an even more powerful woman... right? xD

Postby Timer » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:06 pm

I will be waiting for it

Postby Erina » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:22 pm

Okay, we'll get it to you. =) He should be on tonight.

By the way, Sean, I updated Teo's description and picture in the Roster. I'm sorry it took so long; I know you retconned him, but I was swamped with finals and then Christmas. I'll send Bryan the doc and he'll edit the post.

But now Liv the co is finally free! =D Woo~. Be expectin' some more Sharline, y'all.

Postby icbmalaria » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:31 pm

Awesome, thank you kindly. I'm ready for this to start back up

Postby Erina » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:21 pm

icbmalaria wrote:Awesome, thank you kindly. I'm ready for this to start back up

*nod* Me too. >=] On that note, new Sharline post in the IC.

Let's kick it up gents! Anyone not in the infirmary conversation, either GTFIH or work on your time skip posts. What were you doing for eight months straight? Who have you made friends with? Any new skills you acquired with teh SIRENz? C'mon everyone, let's RP A-GO-GO!

=P

EDIT: Time skip post's a-comin'. Get ready, y'all; shit's about to go down.

Postby Bolts » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:47 am

Weeeeeeeeeeee're baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!

It's true. I've posted the plot portion of the 8 month time skip. Everyone may now begin posting their character's time skips. I have purposefully left out Isaiah in my recent post in case any of you wanted to interact with him in yours.

Let's have some fun everyone.

Postby Iris » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:55 am

Huzzah time-skip. I'll be posting something up soon.

Postby Erina » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:11 pm

And everyone, please read that time skip. >_> It took Bryan (and myself) several hours to write and edit. It may not have teh purdy colorz, but there's genuine, meaty story goodness to be had.

Postby Timer » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:59 pm

Post and a half there. Will be reading while i work *Goes back to typing*

Edit:

Appearance and Clothing Upgraded.

Edit(Edit):

History has been completely rewritten, Done..

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing