Drake is just a little shorter than average, only 5' 7", with short blonde hair worn back across his head. He weights about 135 pounds. He's not particularly scawny, but doesn't have clearly defined muscle tone, even after military training. He's relatively weak physically as far as soldiers go, but has enough endurance to work for a while.
Clothing: Drake doesn't care much what he wears; despite it being somewhat uncomfortable, he may wear his SIREN pilot suit for an entire day, even when unarmored. Since much of his work is at a computer, he gets away with a lesser uniform far more than he probably should, and when completely casual, typically wears jeans and a plain tight-fit long-sleeve shirt.
Personality: When working, Drake acts like a computer and is very goal-driven and geared towards efficiency and perfection. When talking *about* his work, he's a little fanatical, cocky, and quite annoying if others don't understand what he's saying. Off duty, he's more reserved, and a bit awkward. He tends to speak too much or too little. He treats women mostly the same as men, and as such, has rather poor luck with the opposite sex.
Skills: Technical expertise, programming expertise, strategy
Drake's family is from northeast Antolia, and has been for a long time. Most generations of his family ran a restaurant, but it rapidly became apparent as Drake grew he'd never have interest in it. His little sister can't seem to grow up fast enough for their parents to retire and leave her the business in his stead. Not totally socially devoid, Drake has always had a small group of friends in school through college. In recent years, he's become a bit paranoid in finding that most of his friends mostly just share his interests, and has no confidence in his (somewhat lacking) personality.
He kept a job for a few years out of college, and performed well, pushing successful products to his employer. Eventually, his team adapted a less-skilled programmer to the team on accounts of his connections to higher-ups. After months of criticizing often poor work from his new suboordinate, he found himself quickly (and suspiciously) out of a job. He quickly joined the military to get a job in newer technology, knowing also military positions are career-oriented. Drake felt wonderfully vindicated as he watched his old employer's business slowly fail after his departure.
When he applied, his skills tested well. In discussion of a technical desk job, he was told there was a different position available, given he was willing to go through standard combat training and willing to work in the field. At hints of newer technology, he accepted, and was pulled into EPSILON. Prior to properly joining, he was given time to look through his machine, and he was quick to make his own changes and thoroughly look through the programming.
The GARNET brings Drake to a solid eight feet tall, and is colored a very deep shade of red. The armor on the shoulders is exceptionally bulky, and the left shoulder is altered from the right for compatibility with several of the DART system weapons.
The UI to Drake's GARNET has been modified slightly, and some DART weapons can be fired autonomously on user-specified targets whilst wielding non-DART weapons. The DART handle interface can be stowed at the hip whilst mounted weaponry is in use, and is fired at command of the user. This dual threat makes use of both Drake's natural peripheral vision, and multitasking talent. To maximize the effectiveness of this strategy, Drake runs the HUD of the GARNET with all the optional displays, including threat-recognition/tracking software.
Max Speed: 15 mph
Defense: High (Slightly less stable stance than a more robust heavy. Offset by small edge in maneuverability that allows pilot to actively re-stabilize quickly.)
Agility: Poor(But perhaps respectable for a heavy unit)
Weapons(Under construction, high-spec details pending on consultation):
- TROPHY active defense - mounts as a turret to GARNET's left shoulder, shares ammunition with AA-12. Fires shotgun-like blasts to intercept and detonate airborne projectiles mid-flight. Tracking software integrated into the SIREN HUD. Can be aimed and fired manually as well, on user override
- AA-12 automatic fire shotgun - fires full shotgun rounds in semi or full auto from 32-round clips.
- GAU8-based rotary gattling gun - 40mm shells, 2000 RPM
- M119 howitzer Mk3 - 105mm shells
- Three sets of five guided rockets can be fired in groups or one at a time from the right shoulder of the GARNET. They are launched vertically and guided to hit enemy units from above. Focus is primarily against bunkers, barricades, and buildings. The explosive power is significantly less effective against armored vehicles and compounds.
- Three high-yield napalm explosives are carried by the garnet, but the launching mechanism is sizable enough that when deployed, it cuts the GARNET's mobility to 8mph, and firing while moving is impossible. Designed for a high splash range, the heat alone can immediately destroy armored vehicles and small structures.
- Chaff deployment with radio scrambling - in substitution of one of the napalm explosives, the GARNET can carry capsules that disperse chaff and radio scrambling devices.
- Anti-personanel/armor-piercing rifle, 40mm shells. Auto/burst
Theme song: We Are Finally Cowboys