The Thanatos Effect OOC

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: The Thanatos Effect OOC: One Spot Remaining!!

Postby Erina » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:22 pm

Bolts wrote:A NEW CHALLENGER HAS APPEARED!!!

I'll say -- look at that chin. =] Asmo has a square Superman chin. His jaw could give you a run for your money, Bubba.

(for those who don't know, Bryan likes talking about his manleh jaw)
Asmodai wrote:Behind every powerful man, stands an even more powerful woman... right? xD

Postby Bolts » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:39 pm

Erina wrote:

I'll say -- look at that chin. =] Asmo has a square Superman chin. His jaw could give you a run for your money, Bubba.

Oh please, having it come up one time in conversation doesn't count.

Postby Erina » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:06 pm

Bolts wrote:Oh please, having it come up one time in conversation doesn't count.

Well, yours is pretty masculine. I gotta give credit where it's due.

Btw homies, do you think your GM and Co-GM look related? We call each other "Bubs" and "Sis," but I never noticed a particular resemblance until last night. Any thoughts?
Asmodai wrote:Behind every powerful man, stands an even more powerful woman... right? xD

Postby Bolts » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:32 pm

On another note I was looking through deviantart and came across this. Thought one of you might want to use it for a SIREN reference pic, although it seems like that one would fit Hana's medic best.

Postby Kyuu » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:07 am

COMPLETED

Name: Zirra “ZZ” Zahari (pronounced ZEER-ra za-HA-ri)

Sex: Female

Appearance: ZZ

Zirra stands at 5’9” rather tall for a girl with a semi-toned body. Her hair is kept at medium length, very clean cut and simple, since there isn’t too much need for something complicated in the military world Green eyes compliment her brown/auburn hair, her eyes being one of her more prominent features. If you ever want to know what ZZ is truly thinking, all you would need to do it read her eyes since they will tell all.

Clothing: On base, she sticks with the military uniform, but off base, she tends to go very casual. Wearing loose-fitted clothing with a pair of comfortable jeans and flats, keeps Zirra feeling freer than she would in her uniform.

Personality: ZZ is one of those girls that is fairly laid-back about things. She doesn’t like to wear her heart on her sleeve, per say, feeling that if someone knew what her true feelings were, it shows a sign of weakness. Because she doesn’t show her emotions well, other quirks come out instead like being impulsive. She may not show how she feels about something, but if she wants something or wants to do something, she’ll usually do it. She is also very instinctive when it comes to survival in life, not just on the field, but also in the real world. In situations that may be tense or become tense, she immediately tries to find a way around it or a way to avoid it all together. One of the ways ZZ vents is being a little trigger happy in the field, besides having a drink or two.

Skills: Artillery - Ballistics

Background: As a young child, ZZ was never the type to tell someone if something was wrong. She has also been independent, trying to deal with all her problems on her own. Her parents personally never saw anything wrong with it, when they were home. They seemed to always be working and never had the time to spend with ZZ, causing her to grow up at a young age. From this lack of attention, ZZ learned to do things on her own, but keeping her problems to herself and not knowing how to express her feelings, she looked towards alcohol, starting at the age of 16. At first it was only once in a great while, but soon turned into a daily thing. The only good thing about this might be that she is very much a lightweight when it comes to drinking, especially when she first started out. When she drank, she was always alone and didn’t exactly party with other people.

As ZZ grew up, she was rather quiet, keeping to herself. Throughout her life she has always been somewhat of a wall flower as she went through school, occasionally taking a shot or two on especially hard days. As other students thought about what they wanted to do as they grew up, ZZ herself hadn’t a clue. She was more concerned at taking one day at a time, dealing with her own issues rather than the future. She seemed at a loss, just a nobody going through life without a purpose. She stayed in this type of slump throughout high school and after a year out of it, by that time she was 19, she thought there was no hope for her. One day she saw a commercial on the TV talking about what she can do for her country and to go into the army and the next day that’s what she did. During her military years, she began to get out of the daily alcoholic drink and started trying to keep herself busy instead, trying to break the habit. She still enjoys drinking, but stopping cold turkey with drink for a while, her tolerance level shot down and she is now a light weight once more.

By the age of 22, she had been in the army for three years and working very well by specializing in artillery especially ballistics. Seeing her interested in this skill peaked the higher ups interest in her. Doing that for two years she increasingly improved herself at artillery continually. After seeing her progress, ZZ was chosen for Project EPSILON by Celsius and on her way to Neo Thermopolis without a clue why.

SIREN Profile

Name: Zroya

Type: Heavy

Physical Description: Zroya

Zroya stands at 9 feet tall, making ZZ look very short in comparison, built to take damage. Zroya is slightly slower than regular Heavy SIRENs since it carries some ammo crates for extra ammo to keep this trigger happy girl mildly entertained. A feed system refills empty magazine slots across the front of the SIREN with fresh cartridges from the ammo crate. The SIREN itself is mainly black and silver, very standard and kept simple. The wing type things on the back as also not there.

Specs:

Max Speed: 10 mph
Strength: High
Defense: High
Agility: Low

Weapons:

M-60
The M60 is a belt-fed machine gun that fires the 7.62 mm NATO cartridge commonly used in larger rifles. It is generally used as crew-served weapon and operated by a team of two or three men. The team consists of the gunner, the assistant gunner (AG in military slang), and the ammunition bearer. The gun's weight and the amount of ammunition it consumes when fired make it difficult for a single soldier to carry and operate. The gunner carries the weapon and, depending on his strength and stamina, anywhere from 200 to 1000 rounds of ammunition. The assistant carries a spare barrel and extra ammunition, and reloads and spots targets for the gunner. The ammunition bearer carries additional ammunition and the tripod with associated traversing and elevation mechanism, if issued, and fetches more ammunition as needed during firing.

Ammo: 7.62x51mm NATO
Weight: 10.5 kg (23.15 lb

AT4
The AT4 is an 84-mm unguided, portable, single-shot recoilless smoothbore weapon built in Sweden. Saab has had considerable sales success with the AT4, making it one of the most common light anti-tank weapons in the world. The designation "CS" represents "confined space" referring to the propellant charge being designed to operate effectively within buildings in an urban environment. It is intended to give infantry units a means to destroy or disable armored vehicles and fortifications, although it is not generally sufficient to defeat a modern main battle tank (MBT). The launcher and projectile are manufactured pre-packed and issued as a single unit of ammunition with the launcher discarded after a single use.

Ammo: 84 mm
Weight: 6.7 kg (14.8 lb)

M777 Howitzer
The M777 howitzer is a towed artillery piece manufactured by BAE Systems' Global Combat Systems division. Prime contract management is based in Barrow-in-Furness in the UK as well as manufacture and assembly of the titanium structures and associated recoil components.

Ammo: Excalibur
Weight: 3,175 kg (7,000 lb)

M92
The Zastava M92 chambers and fires the 7.62x39mm round. It is gas-operated, air-cooled, magazine-fed, selective fire firearm with an under folding stock. It bears a similarity to the Russian-made AKS-74U, a derivative of the AK-74 rifle, but is easily distinguished by the curved metal magazine, under folding stock, and the design of the hand guard.

Ammo: 7.62x39mm
Weight: 3.5 kg (7.72 lb)

Minigun
The Minigun is a 7.62 mm, multi-barrel heavy machine gun with a high rate of fire (2,000 to 6,000 rounds per minute), employing Gatling-style rotating barrels with an external power source. In popular culture, the term "Minigun" has come to refer to any externally-powered Gatling gun of rifle caliber, though the term is sometimes used to refer to guns of similar rates of fire and configuration, regardless of power source and caliber. Specifically, minigun refers to a single weapon, originally produced by General Electric.

Ammo: 7.62x51mm NATO
Weight: 29.98 kg (66.09 Lb)

SPAS-15
The weapon is based on the SPAS-12, and has similar pump-action/semi-automatic firing modes. In semi-automatic mode a gas piston drives a bolt carrier and rotating bolt. In pump-action mode the same components are driven by sliding the fore-end backwards. Pump-action mode is required to reliably fire low-pressure (less lethal) ammunition such as tear gas rounds or less-lethal bean bags. Switching between firing modes is done by pressing a button above the fore grip, and sliding the fore grip slightly forwards or backwards. The barrel is chrome lined and features screw-in choke tubes. Unlike its predecessor, the SPAS-15 is fed by a detachable box magazine. The gun features a folding stock and a pistol grip safety.

Ammo: 12 gauge
Weight: 3.9 kg (8.5 lb)

PM-9
The PM-9, unlike its Israeli counterpart, has a few differences in terms of appearance with a fore grip mounted underneath the PM-9's barrel to aid in firing the weapon fully automatic with a flash suppressor placed. The weapon can also be modified to have a foldable stock, detachable suppressor and a mounted reflex sight though these modifications are most likely not used in any peacekeeping operations abroad since such activities does not involve Japanese soldiers in combat situations.

Ammo: 9x19mm Parabellum
Weight: 2.8 kg / 6.2 lbs

Emergency Firearm:

Desert Eagle Mark XIX
The Desert Eagle is a large-framed gas-operated semi-automatic pistol designed by Magnum Research in the U.S. Magnum Research has marketed various versions of the short recoil Jericho 941 pistol under the Baby Eagle name; these have no functional relationship to the Desert Eagle and bear only a moderate cosmetic resemblance.

Ammo: .50 Action Express
Weight: 1,998.6 g (4.4 lb)

Explosives: M67 Grenade, M84 Stun Grenade

Theme song: "Familiar Taste of Poison" by Halestorm
Last edited by Kyuu on Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:02 am, edited 4 times in total.

Postby Asmodai » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:21 am

Erina wrote:

Huh, well there's a compliment I've never had before

Also, Bolts is proposing?!? *squeal* can I be your flower girl?
Mephobiac

Postby Iris » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:09 am

I suck at taking photographsseriously.

Postby Keiran » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:10 am

Can I be the Best Man?

Postby Bolts » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:03 am

@Asmo: I'm afraid you'll have to fight my little cousin Makayla for that.

@Kei: You'll have to fight/seduce my idiot best friend. I advise getting him drunk first.

Postby Keiran » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:08 am

... CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! I shall drink him under the table.
Good luck dude. I'm rooting for you.

Postby Bolts » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:21 am

Keiran wrote:... CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! I shall drink him under the table.
Good luck dude. I'm rooting for you.

Sorry, no Canadians allowed.

Postby Hana » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:24 am

Don't forget to tell us the news!
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Bolts » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:30 am

I won't. God this is gonna be a long 10 hour wait.

Postby Keiran » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:05 pm

... :sosad:

Postby Bolts » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:40 pm

I'm sorry, Kei but the sign clearly said no pets allowed.

Postby Keiran » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:51 pm

... I am not happy. Severus is going to torture Louise.

Postby Bolts » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:53 pm

YAY!!!!!

Postby Keiran » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:55 pm

... How do you feel about Louise being blind?

Postby Bolts » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:32 pm

He won't be much use to you then. After all part of the fun of torturing is the look on the person's face when they see what you've done to them.

Re: The Thanatos Effect OOC: Sign Ups Closed!!

Postby Keiran » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:02 pm

Ah, but there are other uses. Like chemical tester. Punching bag. Weapon tester. The list is fairly long.

Postby Bolts » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:39 pm

She said yes!!!

Postby Keiran » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:08 pm

YES! I am so happy for you dude. May you always be happy with her.

Postby Hana » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:36 pm

YAY! Congratulations, Bolts!
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Erina » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:23 pm

Check your PMs, Bubba.

Postby Akaine » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:26 pm

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG :D YAY BOLTS! So happy for you <3

And here I am, since we're all sharing. This is an older pic, and I must say, I miss my lip piercing and my hair's mad long now.
Doctress Who-CURSE YOU AKAINE AND FENIX. *Shakes fist*
Musicmac-INNUENDO... STRIKE!
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing