Infinite Serenade: The OoC (Dead Version!)

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Infinite Serenade: The OoC

Postby Zelosse » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:25 am

Name chosen, ty for suggestions.

Postby LostD » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:36 am

Postby GreenRingFarmer » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:46 am

Postby Geomancer » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:43 am

I forgot that bit when I edited. I'll change it in just a second.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Ro Wong » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:20 pm

~{Character Sheet}~
-Name: West Michaels

-Appearance: West stands at five feet and nine inches. His skin is a soft sandy tone, mildly tanned. Hair split down the middle and spiked outwards at the bangs. The rest of his hair is pulled back tight to his scalp in four braids that run down to his shoulders. The color of his hair is a mixed variety and changed due to his style of magic. The spiked bangs are bright, golden blonde. Up until the back of his skull the left side of his hair is then strawberry red while the right side is lemon green. After that each braid is a different color -- from left to right -- shaded jet black, shining pure white, blazing in bright orange, and finally rolling in a wave of azure blue. His right eye’s iris is dark orange, near to bronze, and the left iris is nearly one shade darker than neon pink. His teeth are even a bit altered, with one tooth in the top row and on the right side being slightly enlarged into a thick fang that West often has protruding from his mouth to overlap his bottom lip. West keeps his tattoo from Infinite Serenade marred upon the top of his tongue.

West commonly dresses in a long, green coat with numerous pockets in varied locations. These pockets typically carry various pieces of animals or creatures that he has run across recently. Or not so recently -- which could explain why he smells bad most the time. Underneath the coat he wears a red, sleeveless vest that zips up the back -- actually in the front, but West thinks it’s on the back. A pair of brown jeans reach down to his shin, the sleeves rolled up. He then wears a pair of odd sandals with sandy brown leather straps that wrap over the shins and calves. Hands are covered by a pair of black, leather gloves with the sleeves only reaching up to the first joint on each finger, and the thumbs left uncovered. Finally, West wears an elastic band over his head that crosses under his jaw, over his chin, and behind his ears. The band has a pair of circular pins just above both his ears, laced with bright sapphires over the silver base. Both sides have two long eagle feathers attacked under the pins that stick out from the sides of West’s head. His cheeks and the sides of his neck are marked by thin tribal tattoos that curve and twist upward over his jaw, stopping under the earlobes. Also carries scissors, a knife, and other tools around in his coat pockets for acquiring materials for his magic.

~Personal Information~
-Personality: West is commonly a friendly guy. Always curious about new things, but quickly distracted if it doesn’t seem cool. Clever and quick witted, but lacking in some common sense and general knowledge of various locations. But when it comes to woodland areas and nature, West is an expert tracker. Most at home among trees and clear skies, with lush grass for him to roll around in. Sometimes easily excited, he never gets accustomed to large buildings and man-made structures. Often has a relaxed attitude that animals seem relaxed around. While West has tracked and hunted numerous animals, he still yearns to encounter rare creatures of legends and myths simply to meet them in person.

His favorite meat is beef, but most meat is great to him. Finer delicacies and baked goods should be locked away near fertilizer or else he’ll sniff them out and start gorging himself just to try “that fancy shit.” But watch out when he gets near the booze -- results may vary, but most often singing is involved.

-Hobbies: Tracking animals, laying in the sun, hanging in trees, eating any meat he can to see how they all taste, swimming (clothing optional), humming to birds, singing while drunk. And finding rare animals.

-Brief History: West Michaels -- isn’t really his real name, he just threw it together when he was young -- was born to a family of mages. While they weren’t rich, nor high in noble stature, they were proud of what talent they had. But finances became an issue, and so they had to give up their child to offer him the chance of a better life. In hopes that he would become something great, they sought out a mage they had met years before in the wilds. Two days of searching went by before they were saved by the mage they required. Before them settled a tall, elegant creature. The eagle’s form made clear as it lowered its mighty wings.

West was never told of who his parents were, nor his real name or how his parents had gotten the mage to take their child as her apprentice. And he never felt need to regret a life he never had. Raised by a mage as powerful as she was beautiful, West gained the skills he needed to hunt and track other creatures. His life remained fixed upon seclusion for many years. Then, one day, his mentor told him to leave her side. West argued, wishing to stay with the only family he’s ever known. But despite never saying another word on the subject, West awoke one morning to find himself alone, with only a handful of eagle feathers lying on the grass around him. He was still ten years old at the time…

Years have gone by since that day. Where most of his life had been uneventful and spent in seclusion, West had become curious to see the world on his own in his recent years. Thanks to his former master, he was spared from being a complete idiot. But his first visit to a city was…interesting, thanks to his curious and outgoing nature -- they never found where the chicken went, and West will always carry a slight fear of doorknobs because of that day.

Recently heard rumors of a guild named Infinite Serenity that was looking for new members. After further questioning, West found out the guild was actually Infinite Serenade. Thinking the lack of a large crowd would be great since he still wasn’t great in groups, he decided that the guild was the place for him.

-Preferred Ability: Brood Mage-- Throughout history, over the span of thousands of years, legends and myths abound speak of beasts and monsters of great strength who changed shaped from man to animal. Creatures that could take a shape existing between both form by combining qualities from both species. Mighty beings who lived among the greatest of beasts, tamed the mightiest of dragons, or are capable of slaying the most invincible of monstrosities with their own power. In times of old, these entities were more common and rightfully renowned for their great talents. But history also tells of the horrors that men commit when ensnared by fear of the unknown. And so these powerful men and women were hunted as the very creatures they had helped to defeat.

For this, the artistry of Brood Magic has been passed on very exclusively. They teach the methods of transforming the human body, taking on the qualities of animals and beasts of many variety, even being able to transform completely into one. In days of old, some mages were so skilled that they could freely change at will into a species they spent their lives most studying. But most did as West does; In order to transform, a sample of the creature is required. A sliver of a nail or claw, a small baby fang, or even a lock of hair or fur would suffice. Anything with the creature’s organic data at its core can be swallowed and used to change the Brood Mage. But only materials that have been recently taken from the entity in question. Consumption of materials older than five days has…varied, but commonly bad results.

~Other Information~
-Available Funds: 500 C

-Level Class: N/A

-Experience Points: N/A

-RP Sample: Boss fight starting on that page and continuing for the next couple.
Last edited by Ro Wong on Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Demon of Elru

Postby sam4books » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:36 pm

Well, Ro convinced me to join this so expect a CS from me hopefully some time tomorrow Acktoo :)
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Acktoo » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:19 pm

Ro Wong wrote:Unless I can persuade you that it's a mild gray tone and not white, Acktoo.

Oh, there a park or something on your map for the place? (Heading off now, so can't check over things real quick.) Some wilderness would be nice.

I can live the with the color.

As for a 'park', do you mean in Reis? Because while I put down a little information regrading the cities and towns on the map, the content within said establishments is pretty much up to the player base.

If you want there to be a park, so be it.
Too good for you.

Postby Akaine » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:44 pm

Changed my color again, so something different...I think XD This way nobody's color will be too similar so far.
Doctress Who-CURSE YOU AKAINE AND FENIX. *Shakes fist*
Musicmac-INNUENDO... STRIKE!
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby Kougaiji+Sesshomaru » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:01 pm

Perhaps you are asking the wrong questions?

Location: Fancy myself a scientist during the day because I've no idea where I am

Postby Acktoo » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:11 am

Mastermind, GreenRing, and lost are in.
Too good for you.

Postby Tuor » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:40 am

Slowly working on mine, edited what I have into my post on the first page
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Ro Wong » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:25 am

Then there shall be a park to act as the nearest large woodland area!

Now, to finish up...
Demon of Elru

Postby Redsnow » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:58 am

Acktoo wrote:
Bolts, you're good. Oh, and the guild's name is Infinite Serenade.

I thought to myself, "You wouldn't make that kind of mistake."

But I checked.

And I did.

Postby Ro Wong » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:09 am

Yeah, couple others seemed to call it Infinite Serenity.
Demon of Elru

Postby Redsnow » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:25 am

Yeah - I was one of them. I have no idea why I mistook Serenade for Serenity, though.

Postby Bolts » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:45 am

At least you didn't mix Serenade with Sorrow like I did.

Postby sam4books » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:55 am

Hey Acktoo! Told ya I was gonna have a CS done by today :P

======================================================

Basic Information
-Name: Kaylee Brynn
-Appearance:
The tattoo is located on her left elbow.

Personal Information
-Personality:
Hyperactive and fun, Kaylee can be considered the life of the party if it weren’t for her horrible jokes. Seriousness is not in her vocabulary since every situation is a joke waiting to happen for her. Expect her to comment on how the latest batch of deaths is a form of dramatic irony, and expect her to be the one to be the one to burst out into song during long travels. Once again, seriousness is not on her list of vocabulary words. Because of this Kaylee finds people who are too serious for their own good dreadfully dull, and she often reminds them of this. There is something about “boring” people (as she calls them) that she dislikes. There may be points where she would flip out on them.

Kaylee would rather hang out with those who “takes it easy”, and don’t let the stings of life bring them down, because like her, they aren’t bothered by it. Kaylee is an optimist, she simply sees the brighter side in life. Instead of staring at the ground, Kaylee looks to the sky, staring at the clouds and the chirping birds. Kaylee secretly envies the birds, and often wishes she could fly up in the sky much like them. On days when she’s not really doing anything Kaylee likes to go bird watching, and sing with the birds. Her voice is (ironically) a wonderful thing to hear when she’s not goofing around. If Kaylee had it her way she would be free forever to fly in the sky with the birds, without a care in the world. Unfortunately reality likes to give her a good kick in the tushy every now and then.

-Hobbies:
• Bird Watching
• Singing
• Telling (bad) jokes
• Any sort of athletic activity
• Eating
• Bothering older people

-Brief History:
Kaylee, believe it or not, was born into a family of down-to-earth, serious as hell, warriors who believe that honor comes first above everything else. The person most guilty of this philosophy would be Kaylee’s father who she never had a good relationship with anyways. Her brother, Selvester (she calls him “Sel”), however was the poster boy for her father’s philosophy, and obeyed every order her father dished out. This was not always the case since Kaylee could remember a time when Sel was a fun guy who often went out to watch birds with her and told funny jokes. He was even the first person who heard her sing, since she hardly sang around everyone else. To her parents, singing was a silly recreation that need not be taken seriously. Sel was her “go to” person for whenever she had troubles (mostly troubles with other boys in the town she lived in, Kaylee was prone to getting into fights). Something about Sel being with her made her feel safer and sound.

Then things changed when Sel went out to join a warrior’s guild. Kaylee hardly saw him anymore, and whenever she DID see him she noticed a change in him. No longer was Sel the fun-loving brother she once knew, he became the serious man of honor her father had always wanted him to be. To her dismay, Kaylee learned that her brother wanted her to act the same. One day he told her he had to leave soon, which the girl would not allow. She insisted she came with him, much to her brother’s annoyance, it didn’t take long for him to finally gave in, but on one condition: Kaylee needed to join a guild of her own. It was something about “keeping her out of trouble” or something like that. Kaylee agreed, and thus was the beginning of the travels of SELVESTER AND KAYLEE!(!!) For Sel, it was a long journey to the city where his guild was based, Kaylee proved to be an annoying companion who never let her brother go on without her. No matter how many times Sel tried to catch a break from her, Kaylee would always come back far more frightening than before. Eventually Sel couldn’t take it any longer and decided to just give up and teach his “annoying little sister” how to defend herself in an effort to entertain her. He had even bought her a spear much like his own as a gift (a gift that Kaylee will forever cherish). And soon, both of them reached their destination. It was at that time Sel heard of the Infinite Serenade guild, and suggested that Kaylee joined it. It took a ton of convincing due to Kaylee wanting to stay with her big brother, but she eventually gave in. It would be good for the both of them. Kaylee wouldn’t have to live with her father’s harshness, and Sel wouldn’t have to deal with Kaylee.

-Ability:
Kaylee prefers melee combat to magical and hand-to-hand combat. She likes the idea that she can just lash out with a long poled weapon and not have to touch the enemy. Her preferred weapon is none other than the long spear (see appearance). It is in fact taller than her, making it possible for Kaylee to stab/slash someone from a few feet away. Or better yet, it makes it possible for her to trip people from a few feet away. See, Kaylee has a sort of dirty style going on that often relies on trickery and catching people off guard before she goes for the kill (although she’s not one for killing). Due to Kaylee’s agile and flexible physique she can jump and flip in order to give her weapon more momentum. Spinning in mid-air seems to be a key part in her fighting style, giving a sort of whirlwind like appearance. When her safety is in jeopardy, Kaylee uses the steel pole that makes up most of her weapon in order to defend herself. Granted, such a thing doesn’t help much against magic, which is where Kaylee’s agility comes into play. Kaylee is an athletic girl who’s adept at running and other exercises. If there’s one thing she knows that pisses people off is their inability to hit their mark. Unfortunately Kaylee has no upper body strength, so if she manages to somehow lose her weapon punching won’t help her much. She IS, however, a good kicker. So, remember that.

Other Information
-Available Funds: 5,000c (given to her by her brother from his own account as a start until she manages to begin making money for her own self)
-Level Class: Class C
-Experience Points:
-RP Sample: Charles Price

=============================================

My shortest CS yet.
Last edited by sam4books on Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:30 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Ro Wong » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:03 am

I know the feeling, Sam. XD

Anyway, finished my sheet now, Acky. Nice seeing you back, dude. *salutes*
Demon of Elru

Postby Acktoo » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:33 am

Nice to be back, guy.

Sam, Ro, and Kougaiji are in.

Looks like Tuor and I are the only ones left to finish our CSes. I'ma add an announcement to the title of the thread.

Edit: 'Preferred Ability' is now just 'Ability' and there's a new section on the CS: Available Funds. Edit your character sheets accordingly.
Too good for you.

Re: Infinite Serenade: The OoC- Last call for players!

Postby Iris » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:36 am

I've edited my CS as requested but I wasn't sure what amount I should put in so I left that as unknown for now.

Postby All-Round-Otaku » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:14 am

What What would the level of technology be in this RP? About enough for prosthetic limbs?

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:33 am

Never seen Fairy Tail, but I got some of the basics off the Fairy Tail wiki.

Basic Information
-Name: Laem "Fire Starter" Eandel
-Appearance: He's a man of slight build, and he stands just under six feet tall. Jet-black hair covers his head, naturally straight and cut short, although it's fairly messy. His eyes are hazel, and appearance wise he's fairly average. Atop his forehead lie goggles, made of bronze with scorch marks and tinted lenses. His usual clothing is a bright red sleeveless shirt and similar colored pants that reach down to his ankles. His boots are a dark brown and have clearly seen better years, while his hands have plain black fingerless gloves. His belt is meant for carrying, with many pouches of varying size. When not just hanging around, he also has a leather torso armor that goes over his shirt, and a dark red jacket with brass buttons that fits over all this, littered with pockets. For work, he also has a even darker red cloak, with a hood and lower face mask, which is covered in burns and marks. For travel, he has a light brown backpack with many compartments and pouches. Once he get his tattoo, it will be on his right forearm.

Personal Information
-Personality: Laem is quite lively, easily excited, endlessly curious, and a tad eccentric. He's smart and reasonably cautious, he has to be with his job, but he doesn't always let it show. A factor some people hate about him is his bluntness: he just doesn't see a reason not to be. While he has traveled for a while, he isn't really a traveler at heart. He'd much prefer fulfilling his curiosity in a stocked lab and library, when given the chance. Laem isn't one for complaining. As he sees it, if he has a problem, it's much more productive to fix it, and just deal with it, rather than waste time worrying. As such, he's rather carefree, especially as he believes almost any problem can be overcome with the right supplies and tactics. Despite how he might seem, he certainly doesn't have severe pyromania. It's partly just knowing what he's made works like he wanted it too. The flames and explosions are just a bonus.

-Hobbies: As one might expect, testing out new formula is one of his favorite things to do. However, his thirst from knowledge means he studies quite a few things, and enjoys a quiet read once in a while. He's also not a half bad cook, especially with sauces and soups.

-Brief History: Despite his fascination with fire, Laem was actually born and raised by the sea, in the island town of Erisal. HIs father was a laborer and his mother was a tailor. Always the smart child, he tried many different jobs in town, until finally he someone got an apprenticeship with a local alchemist. Working in a small, dusty, crowded shop working on minor potions, Laem somehow found his callling. Maybe it was the dedication and skill required. Maybe it was the endless possibilities he saw. Maybe it was the time he accidentally blew up part of the shop. Regardless, Laem was soon sailing away from his home to the mainland to explore and further his study. While he's found plenty of new masters, he never seems to stay long. Among other things, most don't appreciate fires like he does. With plenty of traveling and few jobs, he's had to learn how to gather ingredients himself, and how to protect himself with his concoctions. Recently, he's heard of Infinite Serenade and their search for members. He figures if anyone could handle his work, it might be a guild. Besides, good tools and ingredients are expensive, and he's a tad low on cash.

-Ability: Alchemy - Laem is skilled in the science of alchemy. He can create numerous compounds, potions and other creations and he's constantly trying to make new ones. These can range from beneficial substances to harmful, and he even tends to make homemade traps for protection. He got his nickname from his... "proficiency" with the flammable and the explosive.

Other Information
-Available Funds: 1007c
-Level Class: Class C
-Experience Points:
-RP Sample: Shina Dark, Star Wars, Flying Pirates.
Last edited by NeoWarrior7 on Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:19 pm, edited 7 times in total.
For the Greater Good

Postby IamAlphaGeek » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:02 pm

I WILL make a character! Eventually! . . .
'Samus. That's the only name you'll hear. Samus. It means the end and the death. Samus. I am Samus. Samus is all around you. Samus is the man beside you. Samus will gnaw upon your bones. Look out! Samus is here.' - Horus Rising by Dan Abnett

I can see clearly now the rain is gone! I can see all obsta-- *runs into a pole*

Postby Livix » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:21 pm

you should do it soon cause I think we're in the final role call
I'm good with computers, that is all

Postby Mastermind001 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:30 pm

I wonder if we're going to be separated into groups.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing