Kingdom Hearts RP v.3 *Dead*

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Kingdom Hearts RP v.3: The Darkness Manifest OOC

Postby Sentios » Thu May 13, 2010 2:45 am

I'm getting a feeling like I've been here before...

Soon as I remember what I used last time I'll make a CS... it'll be something different.

I've noticed that there has yet to be a single Final Fantasy or Disney character or even a character from those worlds.

I was considering making up a CS for Archimedes and giving him some magic but I don't think I can pull of his personality... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLI46yMdtmU
Last edited by Sentios on Thu May 13, 2010 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wizard Status. 5 more years

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu May 13, 2010 3:33 am

Hows my CS by the way, it okay now?
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Nelo Angelo » Thu May 13, 2010 7:19 am

Ok, stats are up.

You think your evil? You want to see real evil? Then allow me to educate you...

Postby numbuhAsharp » Thu May 13, 2010 8:06 am

I am the terror that flaps in the night. I'm the weirdo who sits next to you on the bus. I AM -SPLASH- ssoaked.

Postby Unlimited » Thu May 13, 2010 8:55 am

Empty.
Last edited by Unlimited on Thu May 27, 2010 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Memento mori

Postby Mathias » Thu May 13, 2010 9:20 am

Again, I ask if we are limited to Final Fantasy characters or any Square characters. I wanna try Serge again.

Postby numbuhAsharp » Thu May 13, 2010 10:15 am

Digimonadvent wrote:
My CS Better Geo?

Wouldn't it be wiser to describe where you managed to find a Gummi Ship?
As well as describing how you obtained it?
Such examples like "stealing, fixed an old and wrecked ship, etc..."

I see your point. I'll get right on that.
I am the terror that flaps in the night. I'm the weirdo who sits next to you on the bus. I AM -SPLASH- ssoaked.

Postby Ro Wong » Thu May 13, 2010 10:25 am

Hmm... So many FF characters to choose from...
Demon of Elru

Postby Geomancer » Thu May 13, 2010 11:52 am

Ok, let's get cracking

@Sentios: Archimedes will be with Merlin anyway so I don't suggest it. Although he could leave as a sort of guardian or guide, I think you are better off not trying it.

@MQ: What do you mean by 'bone manipulation'?

@numb: It's a little short, especially the background. Plus I still don't understand the sound thing very much. Finally, you need to capitalize and combine such words as 'because'. It's just a little too simple at the moment.

@Mathias: Yes, that will be one of the worlds that should never have been connected so the heartless will have the advantage of surprise when flooding his world.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Ro Wong » Thu May 13, 2010 12:05 pm

Name: Odin

Appearance: Most of the time, Odin is only partially visible. He floats over the surface, torso vanishing at around the waist. His height varies as he can float anywhere between two and four feet off the ground. His eyes are pure white, carrying no pupils nor iris’. His head is covered by a bronze and gold helmet that almost perfectly shapes over his head, giving him a bald visage with two slightly twisting horns that protrude forward. From behind the helmet, it’s noticeable that he does have hair. Long, straight locks of snowy white flow down just below his shoulder blades. His torso is covered in plated armor that shapes over his body in the same fashion as his helmet, conforming perfectly over his powerful muscles. The armor is mainly black, with gold trimming that outlines the edges of his muscles, and -- while only partly noticeable with the very top showing -- silver plating over the abdomen.

World/Game: Hollow Bastion, Final Fantasy series

Weaponry & Special Abilities: Zantetsuken -- Odin’s weapon of choice is also his ability of choice. The sword is four feet long, the blade curving near the tip, with a serrated edge that juts out at the end of the curve on the edged side of the blade. The hilt’s hand guard is shaped into the design of a horse’s head, with the blade emerging from atop its scalp. The grip is wrapped in black and gold silk. And the pommel is a silver orb that seems to give the illusion that hundreds of stars reside in the center when looked upon closely.

The sword’s ability allows for Odin to release a charged slash of energy. He swings his blade once and releases a shockwave all around him that travels outward horizontally in a sharp ring, spanning a distance of twenty feet. The raw force of the attack is double the damage Odin typically does per hit. But Odin’s favorite part is the infrequent chance of instant death that the attack can cause from time to time.

Gungnir -- Odin charges magic into his sword, casting it with an aura of pulsating red and violet energy to form a spear seven feet long. He then begins to rampage into a field of enemies for several seconds, each hit causing magic damage as he shoots between enemies at random, skewering them upon the spear of energy. After several seconds he then throws the spear into the air. What comes back down is a volley of magic arrows that rain over the area around Odin for fifteen feet, his sword coming back down to him.

Apparition -- Odin has no means to function in combat while in his ghostly form. He cannot be damaged either, but the most he would do is move or carry objects for others since all he has are his hands. But, because Odin is proud of his prowess with his weapons, he refuses to ever fight without them. The method required for him to become wholly visible and for his weaponry to be unlocked is simple enough -- it just takes some time. Odin requires one ally to expend some of their energy while casting a chant to summon him forth to aid in battle. Once the present enemies are defeated, he returns to his slightly spectral form once more. (After the chant’s done, it’d take a few seconds for him to be whole. And the energy drain on the ally would be similar in feeling to being punched in the gut.)

(More to come as the game progresses.)

Strength Focus: Physical Attacks

Brief description of Character: Odin has existed, just as nearly all the Eidolons have existed, for nearly as long back as anyone can remember. Well, anyone who happens to be knowledgeable of these things, that is. But over the centuries, their existence has been forgotten. Their willingness to aid others merely a form of legends. The beings long thought impossible to ever meet or find, becoming akin to gods of a lost pantheon. One of the last remaining worlds to carry their tales and legends is Hollow Bastion. Long have the Eidolons been almost exclusively summoned by the residents of this world.

One of Odin’s favored allies was a young man named Squall. Like Odin, the young man was a powerful swordsman and skilled warrior. Odin had even fought the young Squall and his companions to test their resolve. Their victory had given the ancient god of warriors hope for greater battles yet to come. But the world he sought to aid was assaulted by dark beasts from the depths of the shadows themselves. They, too, had been nearly forgotten. And their return was something Odin had not foreseen. They ravaged Hollow Bastion, consuming the world and most of its inhabitants, sending the few survivors lost through the cosmos.

Odin, proud and strong, sought to find his allies once more. He forced his presence into the reality of his comrades, following their trail to a single world in hopes of aiding them to return defeat to the Heartless. He had even tried bringing others of his kind along to aid, but too many believed in following their old ways. Waiting and watching until such a time as they will be called upon for aid. Until they could be allowed to use their greatest strengths.

Odin had always been a proud and powerful warrior. His greatest pride is his prowess with his weaponry, with his sword being the greatest of them all. He mostly keeps a serious bravado, never really speaking of his feelings or his past. Even among the other Eidolons, Odin’s love of combat and challenge is excessive. Many a time has arisen before when Odin would leave their set traditions to aid others at his own transgression, even at the cost of using his full might. He may even forego tactics at times when the battle inspires him too much, despite his more than average expertise with strategy. Aside from his love of combat, Odin choose to fight beings such as the Heartless because “it is right.” Through it all, under his pride as a warrior and thirst for conquest in battle, Odin is always a hero.

Sword (Fighting): 3

Wand (Magic): 1

Shield (Defense): 3
Last edited by Ro Wong on Sat May 15, 2010 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Demon of Elru

Postby Sentios » Thu May 13, 2010 1:30 pm

Geomancer wrote:@Sentios: Archimedes will be with Merlin anyway so I don't suggest it. Although he could leave as a sort of guardian or guide, I think you are better off not trying it.

Which is fine, I can just as easily put my ideas into an OC.

Also I'd like to confirm that low Sword won't hinder high Magic's damage output.
Wizard Status. 5 more years

Postby Geomancer » Thu May 13, 2010 2:05 pm

Hell yeah! A summon/esper/whateveryouwanttocallit!

Seeing as how it would be annoying for him to be in ghost form, how about you make a character that is the avatar of Odin and changes into him when he goes full power? He'd still have the weapons, just smaller and less powerful when fighting normally. So it would be 'normal power' -> 'High power' rather than on and off.

@Sentios: Correct. Sword governs physical attack while magic deals with the magical effects.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

GMancer

Postby numbuhAsharp » Thu May 13, 2010 2:28 pm

I have a question. Can we suggest worlds that aren't Disney or Square?

Postby Unlimited » Thu May 13, 2010 2:50 pm

Empty.
Last edited by Unlimited on Thu May 27, 2010 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Memento mori

Postby Geomancer » Thu May 13, 2010 2:59 pm

That's why I suggested an avatar. He'd kinda be like drive for Ro, he'd be really strong but take up a lot of energy really fast.

Numb, like what?

GMancer

Postby numbuhAsharp » Thu May 13, 2010 3:00 pm

Like maybe Brutal Legend.

Postby Unlimited » Thu May 13, 2010 3:01 pm

Empty.
Last edited by Unlimited on Thu May 27, 2010 5:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Memento mori

Postby Geomancer » Thu May 13, 2010 3:01 pm

No, that has no link at all with either Disney or Final Fantasy. That world isn't like those worlds in the least.

No, Digi, I like to have more options.

GMancer

Postby numbuhAsharp » Thu May 13, 2010 3:02 pm

But it would certainley simplify explaining Riley's powers.

Postby Geomancer » Thu May 13, 2010 3:09 pm

No means no

GMancer

Postby Unlimited » Thu May 13, 2010 3:09 pm

Empty.
Last edited by Unlimited on Thu May 27, 2010 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Memento mori

Postby Geomancer » Thu May 13, 2010 3:10 pm

Neither one of those sound particularly interesting either. Plus they don't really apply to the game.

GMancer

Postby Karo » Thu May 13, 2010 3:12 pm

I think Geo's title is fine, and people will join if they're interested. We've never had trouble getting enough members before.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Unlimited » Thu May 13, 2010 3:14 pm

Empty.
Last edited by Unlimited on Thu May 27, 2010 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Memento mori

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu May 13, 2010 3:15 pm

Geomancer wrote:@MQ: What do you mean by 'bone manipulation'?

Well....basically heal bones, shoot bones, grow bones, make a walking skeleton, etc. You know grow jagged bones and shoot them at people or hit them with them, or heck just use them as a club.

It could also be used to control people's skeletons, but I'm thinking that would be too powerful unless I add some really big cost for it, plus it's illegal and stuff.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing