Sticks and Ladders

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Sticks and Ladders

Postby Krest » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:56 pm

*If this is supposed to be in the lit section, please transfer it. Thank you.

This is basically a thread for my leisurely comic, Sticks and Ladders. I can't draw worth anything, so it features only stick people. And lines. Lots of lines.

The premise of it is very simple: Stick people are climbing ladders. WHY they are will be revealed soon. Although, Geoffrey's question probably won't. Ever.

Sticks and Ladders 1:

Any misspelling from the guy on the left is intentional, since it shows an accent. If I misspell anyone else's words, let me know. :)
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Re: Sticks and Ladders

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:01 pm

Reallly hard to read, I'd recommend using something like paint or at least give your letters some more space would be ideal.

Mostly just commenting that regardless that you can't draw for worth, it's a good idea at times to start with drawing stick men and well, just sticks, why? Because drawing mostly consists of circles and lines, hence practicing and practicing on something so simplistic is in fact another good way of practicing very basic skills on drawing. Besides good that you're doing it at least Krest, good to have another comic in the art forum.
Last edited by Thy Obsessive Freak on Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anyone want ta take look at my own comic?

http://walrusm3.deviantart.com/

The art's quite modest, but I'm told the story's fun.
An obsessed freak

Postby Exodis » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:08 pm

I gotta agree with TOF here. Kinda hard to read, and it's... well, not drawn very well. But people have their beginnings so I applaud you for posting this and I hope you get better.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Kid

Postby Krest » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:19 pm

I added the spleen part in paint, mainly because that part didn't scan right.

I wanted it to start out ugly, that way it could look better over time - even my currently terribad-from-years-of-unuse handwriting. But yeah. I'll probably just do all the words in paint for the next one.

Here's the script for those that can't read it:

Geoffrey: Y'know what, guys?
Christianolaliac: What?
Geoffrey: Sometimes I wonder...why we're here.
Christianolaliac: Oh God. Not this again...
Kansai: Dernit, Geoffrey! We dun need none o' yer phi-lo-soph-i-cul crap!
Tall Dude: Huh? Did Geoffrey say something crazy again?
"Walking Mist": ? (Huh? How did he...?) [referencing the guy above him getting up the next part of the ladder]
Dead person: Ah~! My spleen!

Hope that helps.

--

Sticks and Ladders 2:

Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Return to Art