Cirque de la Nuit : OOC - accepting all fresh meat.

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Cirque de la Nuit : OOC - accepting all fresh meat.

Postby Mastermind001 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:37 pm

Dee Arris wrote:I might add a few bits to that, Mastermind. Should I P.M. it to you?

Also, M.L.S., we'll just wait and see, eh?

Yup, my scheming is on.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:57 pm

Mastermind, what exactly are you looking for on that? Is that knowledge that everyone would have of everyone, or knowledge that William would have of us?

Postby Mastermind001 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:00 pm

Burnyourhousedown wrote:Mastermind, what exactly are you looking for on that? Is that knowledge that everyone would have of everyone, or knowledge that William would have of us?

The knowledge that you would want William to know.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:03 pm

right, sending you an addendum PM with that.

Postby Mastermind001 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:41 pm

Through, if this rpg does start before I expect it to then I will wing like crazy with some crazy song to match.
More Robots

Postby Villain » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:55 pm

CS-WIP

Name – Boris (Does not go by this name, does not reply to being called by this name, and only let’s other Slender’s know of it’s existence)

Nickname (To all non-Slenders) – Splendor man!
Nickname (From other fellow Slender’s) – Several angry, sexual slurs and one involving a tuba being shoved where tubas should never be shoved.

Age - 498

Occupation – Bard/Clown

Plane - 6

Gender/sexuality. Male/Straight

Appearance – Image

Boris looks like your usual slender man, 9 feet tall, and lanky. However, there are a lot of self-made changes that Boris has done. For starters instead of a pure white blank face like most Slender Men Boris has instead attached two large googley eyes onto his head. They don’t do much other then give him a comical appearance, but they also don’t block his eyesight since he doesn’t use eyes in the first place. He can however see through the eyes, roll the irises around (And on occasion blink with them), and can detach them while still using them for eyesight. Underneath his 4-inch long googley eyes is a large cheeky smile that has either been drawn on or made out of cloth and stuck on (He likes to mix things up), large, happy, and warm. 

Aside from his face below he wears a business like black suit with a clean white shirt underneath it. Too make things more fun Boris has attached several colored dots all over his body, randomly with crappy glue used in the process. They fall off a lot, often times peeling off 4 or 6 a day, yet seem to magically replace themselves every day. Covered over the spots is a lot of sparkly glitter with the same crappy glue used in the process. On his suit he has a bow tie nicely clipped on with the same sparkly glitter attached to it. His hands are not the usual pure black/white of other Slender men, instead they are like black gloves made to look like skeleton hands, much like a lot of his other stuff sparkles are put all over it. Finally, lying on the top of his head is a strange comically titled and sized top hat, despite how much he will move or fling around it never seems to fall off……

Being/species – A lot of people on the internet have heard of Slender Man. The horrible monster that hunts children and strikes terror into the bravest man. The omniscient being that spreads madness everywhere it goes, can appear in the bleak of an eye, and has caused unknown amount of terror on people. What people don’t know is that there is more to Slender Man then people know. Such as for starters, there is an entire race of Slender Men. Not just one single being.

Before all of the insanity and terror plagued the name Slender Man their was a time of peace. You see, Slender Men are not beings of evil, they are the masters of luck and inspiration, navigating humans from behind the scenes. They would cloak themselves, appearing before mortals and aid them in times of need. When high stakes gamblers won a tournament you could bet your ass a Slender man was there. When poets and great architects lacked the drive or inspiration to create works of art a Slender Man would come forth, and implant the ideas with his tendrils. Why would they do this you may ask? Because they feed off of emotions, the feelings of joy and amazement acting as a drug among Slender Men, causing them to feel the effects tenfold. 

However, their was one anomaly among the Slender men, one of them was off. He was physically like the rest of them, but the way he interacted with mortals was different. This one, would become the one and only, OG Slender Man. For while the others would name themselves like the mortals did, Slender Man thought it to be a disgusting act, and instead named himself as the epitome of his species. Slender Man had an unnatural hatred for the mortal races, finding them to be mere food and playthings for him to use, and seemed to instead be fed by negative emotions from them such as fear, hatred, madness, and sorrow. He would travel upon the mortal lands and wreak havoc and madness wherever he went, sweeping people away and bringing them to the Slender realm where they would die and get absorbed by Slender Man. He was seen as a mad man among the Slender community, but he was constantly adrift and could not be caught. Soon, his madness spread like a plague, infecting other slender men to become his followers. This started a chain reaction unseen of in the history of Slender men. As more and more Slender men joined Slender Man's crusade of fear he grew more powerful and his fellow followers began to spread terror under their masters name "Slender Man".

Since then, almost the entire Slender population have gone mad and have began to hunt people down in the name of Slender Man. 

Physiology: Slender men share a few similarities with man (Such as the ability to differentiate between Slender Men and Slender Women and being bipedal and having the same form) but aside from that they are starkly different. Slender men have no organs within their body, the dark liquid within them instead being a part of the emptyness that inhabits their realm. It is filled with magic that grants them life and autonomy. Whenever a Slender men is hurt their wounded part merely returns to their dimension and are replaced with more of the darkness. Thus it is impossible to completely kill a Slender men unless you destroy their body fast enough to stop the rejuvenation process, but even then they merely reform in the Slender realm and wait for their time to return.

They are essentially immune to most things such as bullets, axes, crossbows, karate moves, explosives, and cars as they will merely slow down Slender men instead of stop them (Your mileage may vary depending on how powerful the slender men is). However they have been shown to be hurt and stunned (Some claim killed) by large amounts of electricity, ear bleeding loud sounds, and yelling really loud folk songs at them at the top of your lungs. Being creatures of emotion they are also effected by the emotions behind symbols and idols, able to repulse and even Ward slender men.   

They have unnaturally thin and long bodies, like twigs on a large tree. They are also able to bend their bodies in any way they want to and elongate their limbs to incredible lengths.  Slender men can also grow tentacles from their bodies and use them to move around and attack with. 

Slender men have blank empty white faces, devoid of signs of human emotion or expressions. However they can still talk, smell, hear, and see albeit they need not breathe. They are garbed in black business suits with a white shirt underneath it and a black work tie. 

Personality - Boris is different then most other Slender Men as he was not turned mad by Slender Man, instead sticking to the old ways of the Slender Men. He enjoys other people, finding it best to put a smile on their face and help people along since they'll die eventually. Boris is ditzy, destructively clumsy, and overly happy and plucky. However this is a front to cover his true feelings of depression and sadness up with layers of optimism that he has insilled into his brain. Yet despite all the actions he does, all the things he says to himself to brain wash him, and all the outlandish actions he does to keep himself distracted. Deep down inside he knows it is all a lie, and mourns for the fall from grace of his race.  

Boris has a mixed feelings of anger and sorrow towards other mad slender men. On the one hand he feels sorry for them for having been turned insane, and on the other hand he hates them for what they do and what they have become. But most of all he hates Slender Man, he hates the image of Slender superiority that he has painted, and he hates the trauma and slaughter that Slender Man has brought on mortals. Normally Boris is a very pacifistic Slender men, thinking that violence is crude and disgusting; only using it in situations where it is required and even then he holds back in fear of devolving into Slender Man. But when approached by other Slender men the gloves are off and Boris uses every horrible power Slender Men have at their disposal.

Boris, in open defiance of Slender Man, loves mortals and sticks to the old ways of aiding them in times of need and feeding off of their positive emotions. However, the one thing he loves more then mortals is music. He finds it to be the only thing to comfort him when his ditzy happy brainwashing breaks and his emotions and trauma spill out.   

Items - near infinite supply of glitter, googly eyes, colored spots, markers, and clothe. A piano and guitar. 

Skills - Slender Walking: Boris is able to walk the slender realm and travel great distances in a short amount of time. This also allows him to dissapear and reappear in the blink of an eye.

Immortality: Slender Men cannot be killed nor may they die of old age, they simply return to the Slender Realm where they reform and return. It is possible for Slender Men to be absorbed back into the Slender Realm and be destroyed, but this only occurs to elder slender men and is a anomaly in itself. Reformation within the realm varies at age, as more elder slender men could take far longer to be reformed then younger slender men, as they are more powerful and require more of the realms power. 

Tendril growth: Boris may grow numerous tendrils at will and may manipulate them aswell as he can his own arms.

Veil of madness: At will Slender Men may call forth a cloak of madness that gnaws away at nearby peoples sanities, slowly decaying it like maggots devouring a corpse. This is a ability Boris is shamed that he has been gifted with this ability and has never used it and does not intend on using it. 

Rocken musician: Over the decades Boris has mastered the piano and guitar and has learned to play them with the aid of his tendrils aswell. 

History - WIP

Theme - WIP 

Favorite Playlist - WIP
Last edited by Villain on Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For the king, For the king, For the sake of Skyrim. For the Nine, for the hope of High Hrothgar's pass, and for all of Sovngarde; Where the souls sing your song. For the king, For our King, who will guard Hrothgar! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan, fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:59 pm

Villain, normally I wouldn't get on people too hard for this because the word is used so many times online to refer to... anyone.. but could you remove the slur from his nicknames? I guess it's really up to MQuinny to decide whether it goes or not, but its use in a pejorative sense does make me a little bit pissed off. MQuinny, it's up to you, I'm just voicing my own concern.

Postby Villain » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:08 pm

Oh, i'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend, it was just to show the general hatred other Slender Men hold for him. If it disturbs another player so much then I'll remove it. I didn't mean to point the slurs at anyone or really use it, it's just there to show how other Slender Men think of him. Gimme a moment.
For the king, For the king, For the sake of Skyrim. For the Nine, for the hope of High Hrothgar's pass, and for all of Sovngarde; Where the souls sing your song. For the king, For our King, who will guard Hrothgar! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan, fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:15 pm

I understand that that was its intent, but thank you for understanding my concerns. The use of that word pejorative has become something of a personal tic which I try to point out and stop when I see it used. Thanks for removing it.

Postby Mastermind001 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:19 pm

I'm curious to see what particular theme song you're going to use for this Spendor-Man.
More Robots

Postby Dee Arris » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:12 am

Mastermind001 wrote:I'm curious to see what particular theme song you're going to use for this Spendor-Man.

Let us hope nothing to do with illusory gentlemen, watching over electronically distorted girls, or certain amounts of money. I was quite surprised to see a reference to the Slender Man, given what I have been doing in the literary section, but it should be very interesting all the same.

Postby sam4books » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:43 am

My god what have I done 0_0

I'VE CREATED A MONSTER

@Dee: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MXYC_jX2Wc
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Villain » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:30 pm

Yes Sam, if it weren't for you I would never have learned so much about Slender Man and thus Splendor Man by extension.

Tell me, what does Homa think of getting hugged by tendrils?

Postby Dee Arris » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:20 pm

sam4books wrote:My god what have I done 0_0

I'VE CREATED A MONSTER

@Dee: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MXYC_jX2Wc

I shuddered. Now THAT might be enough to drive me to start recording myself while scrawling the Operator symbol on everything.

Postby Fummoffu » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:12 pm

@Villian: No ice cream for you
I make things
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:38 pm

I'd prefer it if you lot dealt with the "optional" relationships bit outside the OOC.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Asmodai » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:19 pm

... But isn't that what the OOC is for? I mean, where the hell else are we supposed to do it? A special thread called Cirque de la Nuit: Special Relationship thread?
Mephobiac

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:46 pm

That's why I said "prefer."

That and I was covering my ass.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mastermind001 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:25 pm

That is what I have been doing with several private messengers.
More Robots

Postby sam4books » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:06 am

Villain.

I will dance on your grave.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Villain » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:30 am

Wait, why? What did I say?

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:43 am

Kay, just read over it and...

You've given him immortality, advanced regeneration and teleportation, as well as a madness inducing aura and shape-shifting tentacles. For one thing, the immortality just makes no sense if this is a race, cause then you've got a race of creatures that can make more of themselves but can't reduce their numbers.

There's also the fact that this nice happy slender-man is able to fight off the other mad, insane and angry slender men. Also, this race would also all be immortal, advanced regeneration, etc...

You basically want to insert a race of God-mod maniacs that hate humanity, that can't die and have a crap load of super-powers into my RP's world soo...yeah, they need to be cut down.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Belwicket » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:37 pm

I saw that too. I originally had a lot more powers for Kabocha but took about half of them off... 3 times.. or more... before I posted her.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:37 pm

<Under-powered

But eh, I'm OK with what I've got

Postby Dee Arris » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:57 am

MQuinny1234 wrote:Kay, just read over it and...

You've given him immortality, advanced regeneration and teleportation, as well as a madness inducing aura and shape-shifting tentacles. For one thing, the immortality just makes no sense if this is a race, cause then you've got a race of creatures that can make more of themselves but can't reduce their numbers.

There's also the fact that this nice happy slender-man is able to fight off the other mad, insane and angry slender men. Also, this race would also all be immortal, advanced regeneration, etc...

You basically want to insert a race of God-mod maniacs that hate humanity, that can't die and have a crap load of super-powers into my RP's world soo...yeah, they need to be cut down.

Immortality makes warring a bit pointless as well, since it's effectively unwinnable. Anyway, if nobody minds me putting in a suggestion, perhaps enhanced regeneration (not instant healing, but possessing the stamina to get away with more than a human could in order to recover) might be more agreeable, and if he never plans to use the madness aura, it might be better to just not list it. The disquiet (I've come to compare Slender Man in part to Prometheans from World of Darkness) they cause could just be a result of the corrupted one's presence, since it causes sickness and then paranoia, which doesn't really have a workable equivalent for a benevolent race as you say they used to be.

Just throwing that out there. Ignore it if you wish.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing