The Thanatos Effect OOC

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: The Thanatos Effect OOC: One spot remaining.

Postby Asmodai » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:19 pm

*reads timeskip post*

*imagines Dr. Shaw in full combat gear, taking cover behind Ren, saying something about her ass being his salvation*
Mephobiac

Postby Bolts » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:22 pm

You're a bit off there, Asmo. Shaw is an engineer. Sharline is the analyst coming with us.

Postby Asmodai » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:29 pm

Ah then I must've missread that, its 3:30am and all that

If I want to include Isaiah in my timeskip post, how should I handle that? PM's? Or do I just make a post you can reply to?
Mephobiac

Postby Sheth » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:31 pm

I'mma do some digging through other people's profile, but I've little knowledge in firearm details. If anyone's free that's either more knowledgeable or simply covered it themselves in previous character creation, I'd appreciate the help. And if you wanna drop me a message so we can just discuss it on AIM or MSN, go ahead.

To elaborate on the bullets that're still in my sheet:
DART:
Automated intercept turret - this is just an automated gun that fires based on patterns set by the user (intercept projectile explosives, suppressive fire,) so a technical name is probably out of the question. I'll just slap on details about what it fires and how fast.
Rockets - Bolts believes it's okay for the rockets to be fired from the unit itself, like a small pod, so I'm going to go with that. If you have an idea for how I should identify the explosive or the propulsion, I'd love to know. Alternatively, I considered something I do believe I've heard exists - there's some form of modern rocket launcher that loads and can shoot several (I believe at least six) mid-range rockets in succession. Dunno anything about it.
Minigun of some sort - other heavy units have em, so I'll steal one from someone else shortly.
Armor-Piercing rifle: Something single-shot oriented. No real need to snipe, but in line with the same kind of high-power shot. You all might have something I can steal.
Automatic rapid-fire shotgun: Yeah, I just gotta look one up I guess.
Anti-electronics weapon of some sort: It was probably a dumb idea to try for something realistic within the RP parameters here, when the weapon itself is unlikely to exist. I'm probably going to scrap this, in the end, but it seemed appropriate for the character.
Incendiary: a really stupid incindiary bomb, strong enough to be a one or two-shot item. Focus on anti-personnel, and making closed structures too hot to be useful. I could call it napalm, but the more detail-oriented among you may know of something more recent and appropriate I could put here.

Burst-fire armor-piercing rifle: Yeah, I don't know guns. =X

Postby Asmodai » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:39 pm

I'd love to help you right now, I enjoy searching for guns or making up completely new ones, but its very late here atm and I'm on my phone

If the help is still needed when I wake up, I'll try to PM you a possible list
Mephobiac

Postby Bolts » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:47 pm

PM me for the time skip posts Asmo and we'll work something out.

Sheth, I'll help you out with weapons more once I get home, bud.

Postby Timer » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:56 pm

DART:
Automated intercept turret - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trophy_(countermeasure)

Rockets – with this is depends on your distinction on Missile or Rocket (Smart or Dum pretty much)
A Missile has the potential to be guided, usually carrying a lower yield warhead or a explosive designed to exclusively be useful against armour.

A Rocket is usually unguided but carries a larger yield warhead.

The system I presume your talking about is the MARV (Multiple, Arial, Re-entry, Vehicle) Warheads used in ICBM’s. I suppose with GM’s permission a low yield cluster rocket could use the same kind of tech.. but I doubt it would be as effective as a larger yield weapon of the same type.

Armour-Piercing rifle: Armour piercing is really something to do with bullets and shells rather than the guns that fire them it all depends on what you want to be using them on. A lower calibre weapon such as a rifle (firing from 9mm up to the .50 calibre rounds) can be useful on humans up to light vehicles at their largest. Above that you are moving into the kind of weapons wielded by light and heavy armoured vehicles. My SIREN carries a 40mm Gatling gun (based on the 30mm GAU8, which is used for shredding tanks) and a 105mm (which in today’s society is used for blowing the crap out of about anything.. )

Automatic rapid-fire shotgun: Again depends on calibre (or Bore if you would prefer the correct term) best modern weapon for this role is the AA-12 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atchisson_Assault_Shotgun

Anti-electronics weapon of some sort: GM’s work.. EMP type bombs exist but are not widely used. But Directed EMP is a thing of science fiction.

Incendiary: Napalm is probably the “best” Incendiary I know (since it was the last one we really worked on before they were banned for combat use). Sticks like glue, Burns in water, and spreads fast.

Burst-fire armor-piercing rifle: see AP rifle up there.

my two penny's

Postby Sheth » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:17 am

Ah, uh, yeah. That helps a ton. o.O

I'll be driving almost all day tomorrow, but I'll copy this big skip post down to read it when I'm stopped.

Postby Bolts » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:09 am

Happy New Year slav-I mean dedicated posters!!

Postby Iris » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:09 pm

What time is it in IC? Morning? Just want to double check. Or is the next post we're meant to make only covering our character's timeskip?

Postby Bolts » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:51 pm

Just the timeskip.

Postby Bolts » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:55 am

Slight change of plans everyone. Do your time skip for 7 months if you're doing it chronologically. We'll be having the mission briefing plus the introduction for the new members then. We'll be deployed at the beginning of month 8.

Basically we're giving the new folks a chance to say 'hi' then we're going to kill stuff.

Postby Kyuu » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:23 pm

I'll be working on posting probably later on tonight. Maybe even a little this afternoon. Annnnnnnnnnnnnd I'll be on AIM so if I see either of you two on, I'm saying hi :D

Postby Asmodai » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:08 pm

Bolts and me have come to a startling conclusion. While Mel and Ren are both showing interest in Isaiah, it seems that he has completely different ideas on who would be a good suitor!

May I all present you.... IsaiahxSlavik!

*fangirls all around the world go wild*
Mephobiac

Postby Bolts » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:37 pm

Sorry, Iris. It was the only way to fund Thanatos without resorting to slave labor.

Asmo don't you dare draw that.

Postby Kyuu » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:18 pm

Bolts wrote:Asmo don't you dare draw that.

:O Do it.

Postby Hana » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:33 pm

I live! We are Potty Trained AND I live. This is big, big news. Now I just have to live through renovating our foyer.

I will catch up here soon, Bolts-y. <3
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Bolts » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:45 am

Glad to hear it Hana. Welcome back.

Postby Asmodai » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:04 am

Whee, welcome back, Hana!
Mephobiac

Postby Erina » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:31 pm

Hana wrote:I live! We are Potty Trained AND I live. This is big, big news. Now I just have to live through renovating our foyer.

I will catch up here soon, Bolts-y. <3

^^ Welcome back, Hana. I've missed you a lot.

We're currently working on the timeskip posts. Meg (Kyuu) and I are writing ours, in which ZZ and Sharline have lunch at a cafe, reflecting the friendship they've developed over the months. Do you want to add Melani in? I've always wanted Shar and Mel to be friends, so it seems like a good opportunity to kill two birds with one stone.

That being said, if you want to add some Mel presence and dialogue to the post, I need you on either AIM or Skype. Meg and I just send the doc back and forth to each other over instant messenger (Snafu's PM system is inconvenient, imo). Please lemme know which you'd prefer (if you want to be in our post at all, that is). Bryan can hook you up with my account deets too, if you know his AIM (he and I talk on there more or less every night).
Asmodai wrote:Behind every powerful man, stands an even more powerful woman... right? xD

Postby Rennek » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:29 am

Hey guys I'm Rennek (Jon) , irl friends with Olivia here. Gonna be posting a character here soon, this should be fun. So far my char is gonna be some sort of stoic badass ( or at least I hope he will appear to be so ^^;) ,

-peace

Postby Erina » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:34 am

Rennek wrote:Hey guys I'm Rennek (Jon) , irl friends with Olivia here. Gonna be posting a character here soon, this should be fun. So far my char is gonna be some sort of stoic badass ( or at least I hope he will appear to be so ^^;) ,

-peace

Yayy ^^ First post w00t.

Velcome velcome Rennek. And yes, hopefully your char doesn't end up too much like Slavik. Everyone, this is my friend Rennek. Treat him nicely, or else.
Asmodai wrote:Behind every powerful man, stands an even more powerful woman... right? xD

Postby Asmodai » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:00 am

Or else what?

Oh, right, co-GM...

P.S. If anybody needs anything from Ren, which I doubt, send me a PM and we'll work things out.
Mephobiac

Postby Bolts » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:33 am

Erina wrote:And yes, hopefully your char ends up exactly like Slavik.

Fixed that for you, sis.
Last edited by Bolts on Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Kyuu » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:40 am

What Asmo said about the or else.... >.>

Whatcha gonna do?

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing